Simple software for making a sideshow with music that can be sent via Dropbox etc.

Edit My Images
Yes
I want to try to make a 3 to 5 minute slideshow/av presentation of some images of mine and add a soundtrack.
I've never done anything like this before and have no idea how or what to use.
Ideally free but I'd happily play for something super easy as I'm not technically minded.
Any ideas?
Please and thank you for any help!

If you have a Mac or iPad then you could do it in iMovie, which is free.

For Windows I use a program called Shotcut, which is also free.

I did this using adobe elements editing suite, then can sent the link to anywhere. Took quite a bit of time (a few days first attempt) and where to find it within that program . Is this the type of thing your thinking about .
first of all selecting the order of photographs - heading -changing from black and white into colour- photo patterns- length of display time- length of programe total- adding royality free. music just to mention a few of the things to consider

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhekX0Frcqk

Last edited:
I did this using adobe elements editing suite, then can sent the link to anywhere. Took quite a bit of time (a few days first attempt) and where to find it within that program . Is this the type of thing your thinking about .
first of all selecting the order of photographs - heading -changing from black and white into colour- photo patterns- length of display time- length of programe total- adding royality free. music just to mention a few of the things to consider

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhekX0Frcqk
That's exactly the sort of thing but you have confirmed my fears that this is going to take a lot of time, more than I have, but I'll see what I can do if anything....

A lot of the time was not getting the photos in order nor was it doing the black and white to colour, the program does all that. What did take the time was getting the lenth of time right between each photo and how long to show each one. This involved using the time line for each photo and the time line gap between each one.

In the end I saved a backup as to how far I got into the editing so I didn't loose what I had already done. Yes I did " balls up" a few times and quickly learn't to back every so often. So had a lot of backups in stages as the editing progressed

If I made another I would have to learn how to do it all over again

Last edited:
If it's a presentation for anyone other than very close friends and/or family, then you will need to be closely aware of infringing copyright with the music.

I've now had a look at a few and found Microsoft Movie maker which is very easy to use, may not have all the bells and whistles but it's good enough for me and free, although there is a pro version for £17.
I've added a royalty-free soundtrack and saved it to my PC with no problems, so if I can do it then clearly it's easy to use.
Thanks for the help everyone!

Back