Simple trick to get steady video by spending no money

Name
Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
So I thought I should share my simple trick to getting steady video.

All you need is your DSLR and your neckstrap.

When you have your DSLR attached to the neck strap, put the next strap on - either over your neck or over your neck and under one arm... then push the camera out so it create some tension on the neck strap and you will get steadier shots.

If you are just getting into video it's a good way to not spend any money :)

Last edited:
I already do that! And in public places!

The simplest trick that costs nothing is to set the cam up, put it on a wall or table, and leave it alone while it films the scene. Rock steady! :D

Another one not to use in public:

Place camera on tripod, tilt the camera up till the lens is pointing straight up, put the tripod legs on your shoulder with camera out in front - cheap, stable shoulder rig lol!

The simplest trick that costs nothing is to set the cam up, put it on a wall or table, and leave it alone while it films the scene. Rock steady! :D

+1

I regularly use my phone, or whatever else comes to hand, to wedge a camera that's sitting on the floor or a table or something to the right angle :D

Using the strap wrapped around the supporting arm to create some tension - you might need to lengthen the strap to do this - would be much the same as the method used to steady a rifle fitted with a sling. I don't shoot video with a DSLR but it should work.

Back