simple

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, visited the lovely town of cromer with the intention of capturing a lovely sunset but sadly cloud cover was to much so with light levels falling tried my hand at longest exposure of three and a half minutes. Lots of failed attempts as camera just didnt want to focus but this one came out quite well. Love keeping it simple

image by woody174, on Flickr

I like the over-all shot, but dislike the blue of the sky....and I can't quite put my finger on why.

Thanks Rodders, certainly was spooky on an empty beach in the cold! Ruth not sure about the blue sky but didn't want to play about with the colours or convert to black and white to give a false image. For once apart from a little crop and a touch of levels the image was as taken, for me that's a one off!

Plain & Simple Paul, and very nice.(y)

George.

Thanks George for taking the time to comment. Simple is best.

Woody - I do bit of infrared stuff and there is a very similar issue with focus. You might want try the standard IR work round of putting the camera on the tripod, focusing, flicking to manual focus, effectively locking the current focus setting and preventing the camera 'looking' for focus when you next press the shutter. Fit filter of your choice and carry on as before.

Only draw back is you need to remove the filter if you need adjust focus when you recompose. If you use this approach much then a slide in filter system starts to look attractive compared to a screw in system.

Back