SimpleViewer Users

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm working on a tiny bit of development to extend SimpleViewer.

I bought the source yesterday and have been working to add the ability to to refer to individual specific images via a url.

For example: -

This should take you to the Rainbow image
http://www.aliasfinder.co.uk/simple/index.php?album=metropolis&img=6

while this should take you to "Watery Rays"
http://www.aliasfinder.co.uk/simple/index.php?album=metropolis&img=3

Likewise, this should take you to a different gallery and straight to an image called "Snow"
http://www.aliasfinder.co.uk/simple/?album=recondite&img=8

If you're a SimpleViewer user and would be interested in this then let me know.
I can't give you the flash myself as it's not mine to give however if I can gather an idea of numbers interested in this we can maybe lobby Felix (the SimpleViewer author) to add this functionality.
If you've paid for the source then I can of course give you the instructions on how to modify the flash to add this effect.

Interested?

i get metropolis, metropolis and time slice in that order, sorry bud :(

it's a very good idea tho, nice to be able to link to 1 image in a flash gallery to show a mate, or on a forum :)

i get the right pictures, looks good, i might be interested in how this is done, something else to implement once my friend builds simpleviewer seemlessly into my website :thumb:

All three links work perfect for me :)

Firefox 1.5 Windows XP Pro

noah said:
i get metropolis, metropolis and time slice in that order, sorry bud :(

Me too. I'm using IE & XP

Using Opera 9 the only image that displays as you would want it to is Metropolis image number 3. The other two display but are outside the frame and partially offscreen to the right. If I click on the index I can make them display properly but not via direct link.

Now that's weird, I just tried again and all are working fine. Probably an Opera problem, it's a beta version.

I don't understand the question, why not just paste the URL :confused- :suspect1:

dod said:
I don't understand the question, why not just paste the URL :confused- :suspect1:

Because Simpleviewer uses Flash and so the url cannot normally be extracted by right clicking ;)

was ie and xp for me, and when i said 'metropolis' i should've said 'balcony sunset' sorry.

not my lappy as i'm not at home, but the specs are.

xp home
ie 6.0.2900.2810
flash 7.0.19.0

tried on a mates computer and got the same.

I'm passing the image to be shown as part of the URL embedded in the flash, I'll try it as flashvars instead.

Yep that appears to have fixed it for me.

Now I'm having the same problem as the others earlier orangepeel , two identical images in the first two links and my own problem has returned, this time all three images are enlarged and partially offscreen to the right, covering the thumbnails. Same in both Opera 8 and 9.

ye i put the original url parameter passing back in and it appears to have fixed it for both opera and ie.

As for the image being in the wrong place that'll be a bit tougher to fix. I'll look into it tho. I've got an idea it's to do with the time it takes to load the images. The higher the img= value the more time required. Also the slower your connection the more time required.

I shall have to think about this.

Aye works fine now. I'm on 8mb BB here so load time shouldn't be a factor but Opera can be a stickler for the 'right way' of doing things...

yeah thing is flash is supposed to be independent of the browser. ie. what happens inside a flash document is sandboxed from the browser.

btw, i'm an opera user too.

I thought you looked a classy dood :)

orangepeel said:
yeah thing is flash is supposed to be independent of the browser. ie. what happens inside a flash document is sandboxed from the browser.

btw, i'm an opera user too.

simpleviewer does all sorts of crazy things if you try to do things to it, i tried to add my own banner to the code, but simply ended up with an image gallery squashed into a 2"x 2" square block which was no use at all! so i gave up, coding is not my strong point!

Steep said:
I thought you looked a classy dood :)

All the beautiful people use opera. Well known fact. :)

whitewash said:
simpleviewer does all sorts of crazy things if you try to do things to it, i tried to add my own banner to the code, but simply ended up with an image gallery squashed into a 2"x 2" square block which was no use at all! so i gave up, coding is not my strong point!

Add your banner outside of the flash (ie, in the html or php). If u use div tags then you can position anywhere without affecting the size/shape of simpleviewer.

SimpleViewer uses the latest fad of flash resizing. That means all the components you add, like a banner, must be done with the resizing in mind. Basicly you can't just slap a picture in, you've got to code it in.

orangepeel said:
All the beautiful people use opera. Well known fact. :)

As an ex Opera user does that make me ex-beautiful?

Well, u left the opera fold, you deserve all derision that comes to you in your personal and virtual life.

sorry but it's one of lifes truisms.

cool. i'll write up a little instruction set to modify the .as file. Won't be till monday tho as there are clear skies this weekend :)

Hi mate, can i make different galleries in simpleviewer, so if i have different themes for pics i can have them in different areas where the user can click the title for each theme and see the relevant gallery.

cool thats it, thanks mate, will give the link a go

Back