Simply Electronics Shuts Down

Hardly a shock is it would imagine most of the grey importers are struggling badly due to the current exchange rate.

For a company like simply electronics that take orders and then go and try to purchase stock to fulfill it must have been next to impossible to stay in business.

Last edited:
Maybe it will act as a warning/deterrent for folk purchasing grey imports without using a credit card?

No great surprise, they were beyond a joke around Christmas time, amazed they've lasted this long.

I had a bad experience with them. I ordered a 70-200 and when it was eventually delivered they left it outside my house! I live on a busy street and when i returned home, no lens! They were terrible to deal with. Luckily I paid on my credit card so ended up being refunded by the card provider!

I had a bad experience with them. I ordered a 70-200 and when it was eventually delivered they left it outside my house! I live on a busy street and when i returned home, no lens! They were terrible to deal with. Luckily I paid on my credit card so ended up being refunded by the card provider!
To be fair, it's not their fault the courier left it outside your house unsupervised. But if they were bad to deal with as a result, then that isn't on.

they where terrible to deal with years ago, i think they normally are bad for alot of people.

feel bad for those who have lost out :/

Back