Simply Electronics

Further down the front page is a section "Shopping Suppliers & bargains" (or something like that). If you ever want info on a supplier go to that section and do a search.

There are several threads on Simply LINK (y)

Greasy bargpole and wouldn't touch with come to mind.

One or two good experiences read about 100's of bad ones.

Yes, that.

And I'm probably the one in a hundred whose purchase with them actually went reasonably well.

Avoid.

They took 2 months to refund me £800 on a lens they originally listed as in stock.

After two weeks of no dispatch I cancelled my order then after 2 months and countless emails/phone calls I finally got my money back!

Never again.

losbandidos said:
They took 2 months to refund me £800 on a lens they originally listed as in stock.

After two weeks of no dispatch I cancelled my order then after 2 months and countless emails/phone calls I finally got my money back!

Never again.

The same kind of thing here as well.

I ordered a Canon 60D from them. site said it was in stock.
After I paid I was told delivery date would be approx 14 days but I needed it in 5 days. I cancelled the order over the phone. They stated money would be refunded to card ASAP.
After over 10 calls and 6 emails the money finally got refunded 11 weeks after initial purchase.

Do not use this company chances are it won't go smoothly!!!

Looks like I'm one of the minority. They corrected an issue I didn't even know about. Delivery date would have been a day late, which I probably wouldn't have noticed or fretted about, and they upgraded it to next day courier.
I was sent an email asking if I wouldn't mind reviewing the service and it went on to explain they are very aware of previous bad experiences and were working to change things.
I appreciate other people have had vastly different experiences but I can only go by mine, for a one-off order, which was pain-free :)

I suspect this company uses people's money in a similar way a Ponzi scheme works. They will sit on your money and try and source the items at the reduced price they have quoted, hoping that many other "fools" will also order the same items so that they can get bulk discount.

If you are lucky enough to purchase an item that is easily sourced and there is a lot of demand for then you will probably have no problems.

Trouble comes in when they can't actually find the item at the price they have quoted and they try all sorts of delay tactics to try and source one...usually they fail and you have to get your credit card company involved....you did use your credit card didn't you :bang:

Thanks for all the replies folk. I haven't actually bought anything off them yet, i was a bit hesitant as they're prices are usually a fair bit cheaper than anywhere else, so hence i asked on here first. Bit of a mixed view but more bad than good. Might have to walk away from this one, which is annoying for me as the prices are so tempting, and bad for them as i looking to spend well over a grand.

It really doesn't take long for a company to get a bad reputation, hopefully they can turn things around and convince people otherwise, but for now i think i'll look elsewhere thanks.

Go to their Facebook page (there's a link on the site) and have a read, then decide if you want to buy from them ;)

Having said that, I won one of their auctions on ebay a couple of days ago, but at 1p incl. p+p I'm not holding my breath......:LOL:

I used Simply for a 7d and canon 10 22. Although the delivery said next day it took over 2 months. I paid by debit and trust me, that 2 months was a nerve wrecking time for me. I spent every night on the phone to them and consumer services but paying by debit is not the best. However all that said, I did receive my goods.....eventually! I would say go for it if you dont mind waiting, but through research I do know there are people who have never received their goods.

I bought a canon g10 from them a long time ago. Overall I was pleased, or should I say eventually. It was the best price and the actually delivery itself was fine but the time it took was very nerve racking!

I guess they were awaiting stock but if they were able to just let customers know honestly what the timescale is then we'd be less negative.

From my one experience, i'd be happy to use them again but be aware it could take a while. I think they are/were lacking a customer service person or two

Flash In The Pan said:
Go to their Facebook page (there's a link on the site) and have a read, then decide if you want to buy from them ;)

Having said that, I won one of their auctions on ebay a couple of days ago, but at 1p incl. p+p I'm not holding my breath......:LOL:

Well, all 4 items turned up, each with postage that cost more than the items sold for.....

My order with simply went fine, just a little slow (3-4 days longer than stated...). For the saving I made I was happy, but if the saving was smaller I wouldn't have bothered.

My order (Tokina 11-16mm) went ok. Delivery a little slow (checking delivery status on the DHL tracking website seemed to show my parcel being sat in Hong Kong for over a week), but otherwise no major problems.

I'd ordered before I read reviews suckered in by the great price (foolish, and I won't do that again), and having read the bad reviews I will probably avoid in the future. Better to pay a little more with somewhere reputable (like Amazon) in the future I think.

I usually find HDEW cameras around the same price, but with better customer service/delivery.

Mike:)

I've not experienced this service from HDEW, they did not respond to my emails, they were rude when I called to buy the camera and wouldn't allow me to collect as it wasn't in ? In the end I just cancelled my purchase but they were still incompetent and they still called me to see if I wanted it!

Back