Sir Archibald Sinclair

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
34059HDR.jpg

Can I have some feedback on this please.

Initially processed with AutoHDR, then curves adjusted and sharpened

Rather good, pleasant location, composition is sound (although I'd clone / crop that piece of white on the bottom edge of the image), just a pity there isn't too much exhaust, although you don't tend to get too much in summer unless the engine is working hard on the mainline.

I've never used AutoHDR, but I'm hugely relieved it's not overcooked it to within an inch of its life. This is as HDR should be done.

what are the two white circles on the front?

Heres the original, straight out of the camera, the white discs on the front of the engine are route indicators, only used on the southern region I believe.

SirArchibaldSinclair.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the original. The HDR is very subtle, like the extra detail in the wheels and drive mechanism from the original, something i have struggled with in the past with my steam shots. How do you rate AutoHDR? just had a quick google and it appears to be a free download?

To be honest I only downloaded it yesterday, this was the first image I processed, but as you said I was struggling to bring out the detail in the motion and underframes, AutoHDR achieved the look I was after. Its free so well worth a go, Ive since tried it on other images with promising results.

Back