Sirui Tripods

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Good afternoon,

I'm looking into getting a carbon travel tripod, are Sirui a decent make? I have a Manfrotto tripod but its too big to take on holiday.

Many thanks
Simon

I would say pretty good. I’ve had one for about 8 years, it’s traveled a lot and got lots of use.

There is nothing to worry about. They are very well made and I've had one for years.

I have had a Sirui ET2204 carbon fibre tripod for a few years now. Performance wise it has been good value for money. Really pleased with it.

Not a tripod but I have been using a Sirui monopod and ball head for over 5 years, it is light, well build and sturdy (often used as walking stick !)

I have 3 Sirui tripods + a monopod...Love them.... I have the AM-223, Am-254 and AM326M which I have in the UK, and a Traveller 5C which is at our house in Thailand. I find them ideal for my uses.

I use the Sirui B-00K Ball Head which I've modified by removing the Sirui clamp and fitted a bigger Haoge CP-58 clamp..

Last edited:
I own 3 Sirui tripods of different models and have been totally satisfied with mine

I've got one of their carbon models and it's my most used tripod. Although in windy conditions, it doesn't hold the camera as steady as my larger heavier tripod, esp the medium format which weighs more. But 90% of the time it's what I grab.

Fwiw mine is the N-2204X plus ball head. I’m not sure if that model is still available. Weighing it down using the hook helps in windy conditions. The ball head tightness adjustment is a bit fiddly. Depending what you want other heads may be better.

I have a Sirui (amongst others) and it is fine. A bit too big to take on holiday unless you are taking your car.

I have had a Sirui ET2204 carbon fibre tripod for a few years now. Performance wise it has been good value for money. Really pleased with it.
Same here. I also have a Manfrotto 055CXPro3 which gets much less use.

Just to finish the post, I did purchase a Sirui T-024SK Carbon Fibre Tripod with B-00K Ball Head (Black) and it's perfect for my needs. Much more stable than the Manfrotto Befree aluminium tripod I had before. I would highly recommend one if you are in the market for a travel tripod. Bought mine from the Evil Bay used.

Back