Siskin

Name
Thomas
Edit My Images
Yes
I regularly photograph in the garden due to my ill health and disability here's one of the Siskin shots I like, I will add some more images in the thread over the next few days.

_DSC4099.jpg

Tom

I have lot's of Siskin that come to visit the garden, here are a few more images.

_DSC6602-1.jpg

_DSC4321-1.jpg

Siskin.jpg

Tom

Last edited:
love this set fantastic well done.

Wow - the clarity on these is tremendous......the female in No 3 is text book perfect.

keith (y)

I have lots of images to post but don't want to flood the thread....Maybe admin can guide me on how many or just add a few at a time. Would you like to see some more ??

Tom

I have lots of images to post but don't want to flood the thread....Maybe admin can guide me on how many or just add a few at a time. Would you like to see some more ??

Tom

Would love to see more Tom . Second image you posted is beautiful, only get the odd one in the garden passing through .

Yes they are nice clear shots(y)...but the composition is not very good on most of them. Too central an the frame. Sort that and they'd be near perfect.

Nice set Tom (y) very good detail in the last one (y)

Yes they are nice clear shots(y)...but the composition is not very good on most of them. Too central an the frame. Sort that and they'd be near perfect.

I don't mind taking on board any advice given I'm here to learn, I'm working on it and may re-work some images I will post a few more tomorrow, I get Siskin by the 100's in winter along with Brams and Redpolls plus a host of other birds.

Tom

A lovely collection of shots, I wish I had those coming to my garden

Thomas the second set are simply stunning!! and very hard to pick a fav, I just like them all :clap::clap:

Can I just say adding images to a thread means they are possibly not going to be seen as a some people do not re visit threads, which in this case is a real shame as they really deserve to be viewed imvho.

Thomas the second set are simply stunning!! and very hard to pick a fav, I just like them all :clap::clap:

Can I just say adding images to a thread means they are possibly not going to be seen as a some people do not re visit threads, which in this case is a real shame as they really deserve to be viewed imvho.

Thanks for the comments, I will start a Gallery soon.

Tom

Lovely set. I particularly like the second to last-your favourites post- the foliage makes quite a difference.Looking forward to seeing your gallery. I wonder why you get so many siskins ? I've tried enticing them here with nijer seed but still no siskins.

Lovely set. I particularly like the second to last-your favourites post- the foliage makes quite a difference.Looking forward to seeing your gallery. I wonder why you get so many siskins ? I've tried enticing them here with nijer seed but still no siskins.

Sunflower hearts and sponge cake are a favourite, I get all kinds in the garden, I feed 365 days a year, I have had as many as close to 500 Siskins in one visit in the trees and at times can walk up to the feeders and hand pick the odd one off, In winter numbers are huge but most days I get a few, I have resident pair of GSW and Nuthatches both bring young, I get Spotted Fly, Marsh Tit, Reed Bunting, Pied & Grey Wags, Blackcap, Willow & Chiffchaff and have had some visits from more unusual stuff Like Kingfisher, Dipper and also Common Sandpiper, my house/garden is bordered by the River Clwyd..... I get loads od run of the mill stuff too.

Sunflower hearts and sponge cake are a favourite, I get all kinds in the garden, I feed 365 days a year, I have had as many as close to 500 Siskins in one visit in the trees and at times can walk up to the feeders and hand pick the odd one off, In winter numbers are huge but most days I get a few, I have resident pair of GSW and Nuthatches both bring young, I get Spotted Fly, Marsh Tit, Reed Bunting, Pied & Grey Wags, Blackcap, Willow & Chiffchaff and have had some visits from more unusual stuff Like Kingfisher, Dipper and also Common Sandpiper, my house/garden is bordered by the River Clwyd..... I get loads od run of the mill stuff too.

You lucky fella Tommy.(y)

Blimey Tom you got your RSPB reserve going there mate :) lucky for you I do not live closer :D

Cracking set, just really jealous as we only get the odd one or two of these beautiful birds making very infrequent visits.

Thanks.I'll try sunflower hearts then,having said that,I haven't seen any siskins round here anyway. That's a wonderful variety of birds to have visiting, you're obviously in an excellent location there by the river.

I live in Ruthin on the edge of the River Clwyd which borders my back garden, Siskins are usually daily visitors but numbers are huge in winter, I'm only a few miles from Clocaenog Forest which ois great for Siskin, Redpoll and Crossbill.... Feeding a good mix of seeds and feeds will have the birds coming but you must keep this up and the results will come.

A few more Siskins.
DSC_6730.jpg

Juv
DSC_6723.jpg

Juv
DSC_6725.jpg

DSC_6714.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments :)

Tom

Lucky you for having them in your garden and i never get them for some reason.
Super looking birds but they all look very noisy to me Tommy :thinking:

Lucky you for having them in your garden and i never get them for some reason.
Super looking birds but they all look very noisy to me Tommy :thinking:

I never use noise reduction and I only do basic changes in Windows Live Photo Gallery I don't like complicated programs.....Maybe I will make the effort and see the difference.

Tom

I am really gutted to report that after a long illness, Tom lost his battle and passed away yesterday.
Rest in peace mate.

John.

Back