Siskins

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
While getting one on the feeder for the challenge I managed a few more of the Siskins that are currently eating me out of house and home.....they present well showing little fear...I have a problem they are too close for the 100-400 to focus @1.8m

111183506.jpg

Focal Length 400 mm
Exposure Time 1/200 sec
Aperture f/6.3
ISO Equivalent 800
Exposure Bias +1

111183485.jpg

Focal Length 400 mm
Exposure Time 1/160 sec
Aperture f/6.3
ISO Equivalent 800
Exposure Bias +1

111183555.jpg

Focal Length 400 mm
Exposure Time 1/640 sec
Aperture f/7.1
ISO Equivalent 800
Exposure Bias +2/3

Andy

Last edited:
Thanks guys...they are so close it really does throw the background out to a nice blur.

Nyger seed is the food of choice that brings them in.

These were taken sat on the patio with a glass of red to help me focus...they were oblivious to my movements.

Andy

Last edited:
Thanks guys...they are so close it really does throw the background out to a nice blur.

Nyger seed is the food of choice that brings them in.

These were taken sat on the patio with a glass of red to help me focus...they were oblivious to my movements.

Andy

We had them around for only a few days then they were off again they haven t returned I thought this was strange as they were feeding quite happily on the nyger and sunflowers they are lovely birds you are so lucky to have them

Brilliant pictures:clap::clap:.............never seen one of these in my garden yet!

Excellent series with lovely detail and tones. The pose in no 1 is a cracker.

Glad to here others have these wonderful birds...they are entertaining both in looks and their calls.

The only problem is they are glutons....using 1/2 kilo of nyger seed a day to keep them satisfied....I reckon there are a dozen or so...combined with the redpolls and the goldies they are expensive to keep!

Thanks all for the encouragement

Andy

Really lovely set, and I am quite envious as we haven't had Siskins in the garden for a few years now :(

Back