Site Loading Help, Wordpress

Name
Alex Tyler
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey Guys,

Anyone know much about wordpress, for a while now it has been running rather slow and seems to be getting worse. At times it runs fine but a lot of the time it takes a while for it to load and can be a pain to update as the actual login and editing will be even slower.

Lately it has been not loading the site at all on occasions and recently whilst trying to login and post it will show a database not found error.

Anyone have any ideas with this.? Would this be a WP or server problem.?

Also when installing wordpress it only gave me the option to install to a directory. The whole website is WP so could this be the problem.? Do i need to move the wp-admin, content etc to the very first directory instead of it having its own.?

Site is www.eyesdownfilms.tv

Cheers and help would be much appreciated.

Tyler

I'm no expert but try using a cache plugin like wp-cache.

It caches your pages making them quicker to load

Almost certainly a hosting problem, though 123-reg are fine for domains this type of hosting is usually rubbish.

When I had this problem, my hosting co. asked me to switch to a Linux server, it worked straight away.

Almost certainly a hosting problem, though 123-reg are fine for domains this type of hosting is usually rubbish.

Havent had trouble with them in the past but that was for a pretty basic site. Will be calling them shortly then.

When I had this problem, my hosting co. asked me to switch to a Linux server, it worked straight away.

Think it's on Linux already will have a check though.

Thanks

TSOhost is the usually recommendation on here.

Cheers guys, will check out the few of those hosting sites. Still waiting to hear back from 123 req, seems they dont have a phone number so had to email....

Back