Skate shot from tonight

Name
Matt Thomas
Edit My Images
No
Just a quick one from tonight.

2298874016_c4d9dd6890.jpg

80-200mm f/2.8D Nikon D70s

SB-26 behind left up above on mini ramp 50mm 1/8th.
SB-25 left front 85mm 1/8th.
SB-25 right front 85mm 1/8th.
Fired via Skyports

Hey,

It is frustrating when people don't comment on your photos but try and be patient....I hadn't actually seen this thread until you reposted...sometimes threads just get missed.

I haven't seen much skateboard photography and am certainly in no place to give advice, but....

I like it....but i feel that its a bit distant from the 'action' I can see that any tight crop and the bloke would have his head cut off..i think id be tempted to go portrait on this...but i like the lighting...

well done!

Since you have the flashes and the tripod - try to frame a closr and more exciting angle - ask the skater to repeat the trick a few times and hand hold, looking through the viewfinder until you see a good shot - then set everything up for that and shoot away - you'll probably miss it a few times, but they one you get right will be a "keeper"

Since you have the flashes and the tripod - try to frame a closr and more exciting angle - ask the skater to repeat the trick a few times and hand hold, looking through the viewfinder until you see a good shot - then set everything up for that and shoot away - you'll probably miss it a few times, but they one you get right will be a "keeper"

Thats what I do?! I shot about 30 photos and this was the best one!

Also how is it distant from the action? Maybe I should of zoomed in a bit more but I hate seeing skate photos that just have a really tight crop and dont show any of the surroundings. Also I looked crap portait from this angle but I did shoot from another. I'll post it later but I think it had some lens flare on it :(

Back