Skateboarding, dancing, colour and sun.

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
So Saturday was the Hub festival. It was mostly overcast, rained, and then was too hot. It was also full of kids. So 300 images later and I just wasn't really feeling like I'd captured the event. Still I got a few images I was happy with.

hub-hdr-10.jpg

hub-hdr-9.jpg

hub-hdr2.jpg

hub-hdr8.jpg

These guys were just nuts.

CRW_1711.jpg

Multi Purpose Chemical. Great band to see live, so much energy.

More shots on my site

Then Sunday was the Southport Street Festival. Its kinda like the one I go to in Liverpool except without the hideous fencing, which was great.

hdr-15-2.jpg

Ballet Entredanza. Always great to see.

southport-CRW_1898-064.jpg

southport-CRW_1939-067.jpg

A rather cool band.

southport-CRW_1998-069.jpg

An abstract performance about life in a city.

southport-CRW_2209-075.jpg

Some performance about life in Africa I think.

More on my site

Then from a few nights ago a rather nice sunset.

CRW_1379.jpg

dreamspace-CRW_0859-%20017.jpg

dreamspace-CRW_0841-%20015.jpg

dreamspace-CRW_0861-%20018.jpg

Dreamspace is that thing in the news, the one that took off. Its amazing inside and such a shame to see its destroyed.

CRW_0997.jpg

The Eye of Ra.

didnt realise that hub festival was on, or id have popped down with the cam, instaed i spent sunday doing some band promo work, my girlfriend was gonna head down to watch the skatiung but she didnt make it in the end.

good pics as always pete!

I do like looking at your stuff Pete ...

Original style and variety in adundance ... always great to review ... (y)

And ... always first class quality to boot ... not going to bother with a fave as they are all pdg ... :p

Top stuff.......I like the variations in the processing.

whitewash said:
didnt realise that hub festival was on, or id have popped down with the cam, instaed i spent sunday doing some band promo work, my girlfriend was gonna head down to watch the skatiung but she didnt make it in the end.

good pics as always pete!

Maybe I'm just too old but I think because the place was overrun by kids it was depressing. I felt so out of place and yet it was all stuff I liked to see.

skating is always gonna attract kids, half of which aint interested in the actually action and are more interested in the scene, which is a shame
same with alot ofthings these days

Nice work, very nice indeed. I assume that some of these are HDR or tone mapped. Good use of the effect in my opinon.............(y)

You've done it again Pete, I'm totally blown away by these but the Ballet Entredanza shot is sublime, I presume HDR was used in this although I don't think I would have had the imagination to do it! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yeah it was HDR. While I was there I was trying to get my flash to work and it just wouldn't. It wanted 1/200 for everything which on a sunny day was silly, so I just went with what I know and figured that if I could get a nice enough exposure I'd be able to HDR it.

i like these Pete, a nice mixture of shots, especially like #6, stands out with HDR, the colourscape thing is very good too

Some great shots there. Funnily enough, I like the mono version of Dreamspace better than the colour shots. No's 6, 11, 12 being my favourites of the bunch!

Doh!, can't believe I missed that :bang: (I'm in Liverpool at the mo).
Really great images you've got there, especially like 1 & 6.
The Batala troupe are awesome, I always head into town to watch them - really nice images of them too.
I seem to be making a habit of missing cool events like this - work commitments (it was the Scarecrow festival recently which I was gutted to miss - scary as hell though!! :crying: )
Great set of images & will probably see you around.
Mike.

Great B&W shot of dreamspace (y)

Back