skateboarding - sweeper/blunt

Distortion just ruins the 2nd one, what lens was it? can't figure out if it's a fisheye or just a heavily distorted UWA.

1st one would be awesome if it didn't have the distracting houses in the background, would be perfect at night.

I personally find the person in the first shot more distracting than the houses, but now that someone's mentioned it they are slightly distracting. perhaps a slightly shallower DoF could help that? F4 or something similar?

I like the second one, not massively knowledgeable about skateboarding, but I think it'd have been interesting to compare the shot you took with one of him actually in the blunt stall.

Second shot certainly suits a fisheye, UWA lenses look silly with their distortion, where as a fisheye's distortion works in action sports!

All in all, a pair of decent photos rich! where is the first spot? never seen it before!

1)

Nice exposure and well done for lighting the spot up so well. That bridge is quite hard to get a balance right sometimes.

The person is a little distracting, maybe if a shallower DOF was used so the rest of the background was too in your face (however with the flash exposure that would of been hard without ND filter)

The spots in Bristol under a motorway bridge (that's all I'm saying ha)

2)

Rim light might be a little too harsh as almost white on the highlight side. I've done the same on my shots so I know how tough it can be sometimes.

The angle for some people might not please them however with skateboarding its about showing the spot and this angle does the best of that.

Overall some really nice work and cracking shots.

Back