Skeleton boy

moomike

TPer Emeritus
Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Really getting into the Halloween spirit (y)
The kids were having "scary faces" contests so I got lots of chances for character shots.

Obviously another alternative processed image - I am trying out techniques to better control noise in this type of images, spent ages until I'd got a nice, clean looking image & then whacked a texture layer over the top to enhance to spooky feel (destroying all my good noise removal work :bonk: :LOL:)
C&C welcome & appreciated as usual (y)

Skeleton_boy.jpg

Cheers for looking (y)

Hmmm. I think it all works apart from the eyes. They seem a bit too drawn.

Looks great and has impact, but I can see bad halo's around the shoulders and arms.
Did you clone out the top teeth or has got real fangs ?. Keep up the good work and see you soon I hope.

Cheers for that Mark - the halos are highlighting meant to make him stand out from the background & add impact & are not from sharpening or anything (I use high pass & this keeps halo's down to a minimum unless you really overdo it).

I think I'm going off on a bit of a tangent recently as I seem to be liking less conventional imagery & am bending/breaking a lot of rules (or trying to :LOL:) with my photography.
Watch this space :LOL: (y)

I think I'm going off on a bit of a tangent recently as I seem to be liking less conventional imagery & am bending/breaking a lot of rules (or trying to :LOL:) with my photography.

Hehe I've noticed that :) I'm sure the parents would love the image though.

I'm liking the results you're getting along this tangent, generally I think what you've been doing has complimented the shots nicely (y)

Very topical shot Mike and the proccessing you have done gives the right kind of feel to the image. Keep bending and breaking those rules.:)

Don't mind at all mate - I used a photo that I had taken of a good old Liverpool wall with a chalky texture & masked it onto the image - the texture layer was set to "overlay" as I had already planned to tone down the colours after I'd applied it.

Cheers for the feedback (y)

Back