Skiing in Les Arcs

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Recently got back from Les Arcs with a few friends, the following photos are some of my favourites from the trip.

Comments and critique welcome

Tom

12405096873_a4f77c046a_c.jpg

12405342704_7037a89f5e_c.jpg

12404792345_1216704736_c.jpg

12461193335_9d4896584d_c.jpg

12405019255_33272cebd6_c.jpg

Les Arcs Skiing - Flickr

I really want to experience playing in the snow, well of course in a tropic country like mine its impossible to do. Nonetheless, I still love the rain here in my country!

I like the action in 3 and 4. What camera and lens did you use?

All photos were taken with a Canon 7D with 70-200 f4.

Was good fun playing around, especially as in the afternoons I was skiing with beginners so the pace was relatively low

I agree, not bad for beginners. But for me it is good! I like picture 2 and 5 most :)

Sorry, just to clarify, the majority of the above are of relatively experienced skiers. Having the newer skiers with us allowed time to take photos without holding everyone up which is why I mentioned them!

Hi Tom. Skiiing, how wonderful! Still, technically the pics are really snapshots, really. 1 is well overexposed, the others a mixture of underexposed and reasonably well exposed. Your problem is using Auto mode! Snow is wonderful but white. Cameras are looking for a mid-grey when attempting to give you a suitable exposure on auto. The camera doesn't know what you are shooting. A Snow Scene mode might have worked better. I like 1 best, but there is no detail left in the snow, it would print as basically the white paper. 2 has grey snow syndrome, as above. 3 has a bit of panning blur, and is OK but not the most exiciting shot. 4 has some potential but is underexposed (grey snow again). I'd crop it to a portrait mode. 5 is underexposed and the chap needs more snow under him. The chap in the red is a bit distracting.
This photography lark is frustrating, eh? :)

Last edited:
Hi @tp1109 you're most welcome! But I never think that you love skiing too. You are such an active man. Keep it up!

Last edited:
Back