Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
IMG_3200.jpg

Larger version here

C&C welcome

Thanks for looking

That certainly is a larger version!

Not sure about this one. doesn't feel balanced or something. maybe its rotated a bit? dunno :)

Thanks Dave and Robert for your comments - much appreciated.

Tom

Love the sky just wondering if the foreground is cropped a little too much and needs some more of the frame, although can appreciate you wanted the sky more than anything.

Ooh what a powerful sky! Nice one Tom, Iceland again no doubt.

Very dramatic! I like.

Appreciate your comment - many thanks

Love the sky just wondering if the foreground is cropped a little too much and needs some more of the frame, although can appreciate you wanted the sky more than anything.

Thanks for your comments - very much appreciated.

Not much has been cropped off the bottom but the full version is here

Tom

Cracking sky ! Have to agree with the cropped short comment?
Or maybe compose it closer to the road?

Richard

Ooh what a powerful sky! Nice one Tom, Iceland again no doubt.

Cheers Donna for your comments, as always, very much appreciated.

Now what makes you think its Iceland?

Tom

Love it. Give me a great sense of foreboding as to what's beyond the horizon:eek:

As for edits I would have cropped the sky a little and cloned the tire track out.

Tom, I like your body of work...but in this shot I just would really like to see some foreground interest. Maybe I'm not in the right mood.

Cracking sky ! Have to agree with the cropped short comment?
Or maybe compose it closer to the road?

Richard

Thanks for your comment - very much appreciated.

:thinking: Not quite sure what you mean here as I am actually on the road for this shot - can't get much closer than that.

Sky is great, but the full version works allot better for me, it also looks a little brighter in the foreground.

Thanks chewyuk for your valued comments - very much appreciated.

Both versions are from the same edit so there should be no difference in brightness. The larger version shows more of the 'pinkyness' from the clouds - maybe that is helping to cause that effect.

Great sky, i also think the large version looks better.

Appreciate your comments eeverson - many thanks.

Would look very nice in HDR, has potential

Thanks chase779 for your suggestion, may well look into that.

Tom

Tom, I like your body of work...but in this shot I just would really like to see some foreground interest. Maybe I'm not in the right mood.

Thanks for your comments hunter, as always, very much appreciated.

:shrug:The only fg interest was the fence and tyre tracks in the snow nothing else.

:thinking: Must remember to take a blow up tree or rock with me next time. :D

Tom

Love it. Give me a great sense of foreboding as to what's beyond the horizon:eek:

As for edits I would have cropped the sky a little and cloned the tire track out.

Appreciate your comments - many thanks.

Imho, the terrain is lacking in features. If the tyre tracks weren't there it would justify a bottom crop as there is little else - the fence only - to give any fg interest. However as they are there its trying to use them as a fg interest and a lead into the image.

Tom

Back