Sky at night!

Edit My Images
No
Took this shot this evening, a bit unsure of what the line across the shot is. It isn't a plane andit isn't on the sensor.

stars.jpg

Vapour trail?

Actually looks like a smudge or possibly a scratch.

Now I've realised it is not something I can wipe off my screen I'd say vapour trail too ;)

Ahh, could be, it wasn't visible with the naked eye. At first I thought it was a scratch but it does not appear on other shots and I have just got the camera back from Canon after having the sensor cleaned ( for the second time in 3 weeks)
@ robert, ahahaha, yep that's the first thing I did too, wiped the screen to see if it was dirt.

just looks like a black square to me, is my new monitor crap??

I had to look really hard.. then could only see it when I stood up!

after a quick adobe gamma adjustment, i can now see the scratch/vapour trail thing, look like a scratch to me.

Dunno Gary ... what was your exposure ? Long enough to make it a satellite trail perhaps ? Some of them do move quite quickly ...

Almost definitely a satellite. You can see them if you look carefully through the most basic of telescopes.

Reckon about a 20-25s exposure?

With a curve like that it's a satelite. If you put up the time and location I'll probably be able to tell you which one is was too :D

some time ago, I took a night photo of the sky, is not as good as yours, but I see a similar trail on the photo, that the naked eye couldn't see. I take another ones, but I don't have it online now, and the have different trails like that.

Look at the top of the middle trees, there's a line, similar that the one you have, but shorter.

50861274-M.jpg

Just can't get that darn traffic out of the shot no matter which way you look!

I see you both got the 6 sisters into you pics! Maybe if you take some of the orange out in PS may improve image a bit.

Night photos are a bit of a winner with me, i seem to take heaps of images when i can't see what the hell i'm doing.

does satellites not move in a straight line across the sky, photos ive seen do not have the curve line for satellites.

Not usually, if you've seen a straight one its probably just a quicly moving one that's put on a very flat curve that you'll not notice.

It's all to do with us not being directly under them usually.

Back