sky my a**e

nelly3164

Suspended / Banned
Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
I pay nearly £50 a month for sky+ and its s**t, nothing on, no footy, no decent films although i was watching jingle all the way in bloody july!, bring back "sing something simple" on the radiogramme on a sunday night thats what i say. rant over.

Same here. My husband complained there was nothing on....I wouldnt believe him....and we ended up watching Bergerac from 1982!!!

Can sympathize entirely, waiting all over christmas for the festive episodes and films and got nothing, now there starting to show all the christmas specials (after the event) :bang:

Keep threatening to cancel my Sky too, but so far havent done it - its crap, but theres nothing better thats my problem :(

hi janice, my wifes the same "oh, there must be something on", then i have to sit through an entire hour of f*****g "nanny 911!", excuse my language.

not too bad really, there is always SOMETHING somewhere. got to watch episode 5 of star wars yesterday when off sick, so wasnt all bad

just sat watching music channels at the mo, and listening to our parrot mumble something, which is not understandable, only to him. Just as a matter of fact is there only me what remembers "sing something simple", on the radio sunday evening round about 7ish after my bath for school?.

I gave up my sky sub about 10 years ago, I missed it for a couple of weeks, missed the discovery channel for a bit longer but then it was fine and I can find much better things to spend my money on.

I was for 17+ years an aerial rigger and sky installer, I used to tell my customers (those who asked) Sky movies are all right for the first year, after that you pay a high premium for perhaps one new/good film per month. Sky sports is good if you are into sport but be warned anything really good they will charge extra to watch. The rest is repeats and or imports of cheap foreign tv.

Anyone who complains about the license fee only has to watch a sky channel or ask a yank what they think of british tv to realise that the BBC is the only thing holding up the end of decent programming and even they are so cash starved they have to resort to multiple repeats and imports.
Having 300 odd tv channels has not given us more choice despite the claims of broadcasters like sky, it's only dropped the level of quality through the floor since there's just not enough money to go round and no one can afford to make decent programming anymore.

Bring back the days when we only had 4 tv channels I say.

i bloody agree!. i would get rid tomorrow apart from i like my bit of footy and also there are a lot of half decent programmes for my youngun.

Theres always something to watch on sky, it's just not what you want to watch at the time.

Music channels and food channels seem to get most air time, followed by the discovery channels and diy stuff.

I could (and have) spend all day watching programs like "A insert object here is born or the new Yankie workshop :)

I'm just waiting for HD on all channels for free......then i'll be happy :)

There again, Sky know full well that given the chance a large percentage of their subscribers would opt for sports only which is why they don't offer a sports only package.

Oddly enough df that's what I missed about discovery most, new yankee workshop or that one where the two guys used to renovate houses? NYW was the best though, always some new piece of technology to make woodworking easier :)

I'm making a big effort this year to like DIY, so I find myself watching that type of progaming all the time.

Heck........i've been the customer through the doors at B+Q two weeks running :D
I called in for some plasterboard fixings and came out £75 lighter :D

I'll need a new house soon to house all the new tools i've aquired :eek:

I was never a Sky (or TV) fan but I like my movies and my documentaries. As most good docus are on terrestrial I bought a HUMAX twin channel PVR a year or so ago and cancelled the SKY sub. Happy to say box is now paid for by not paying SKY sub and all the movies on film 4 get recorded so I can watch at leisure.

Spend most of my time here anyway so not missing much. :shrug: :LOL:

I'm just waiting for HD on all channels for free......then i'll be happy :)

Me too, I wanted a new tv so got a HD ready one, couldn't believe it is £299 for HD box from Sky, plus £10 a month. If you don't want to pay the £10 a month then you can get the box for £399 but have to pay installation fee of £160 on top of that.

So £559 for around 10 channels or something like that, now that just seems like a rip off.

I'm so glad Sky, Murdoch and me parted company some time ago! What a pile of crooks..... grrrr! I could tell some stories too......

just thinking about what i would miss off sky one...got this list

Nip/Tuck
Lost
Battlestar Galactica
Atlantis
Stargate

then there are sky channels like Sci-fi, Heroes coming soon to that....

Would miss Scrubs and Battlestar Galactica, otherwise the documentary channels - although Im finding most of them are now repeats, like some of the UK Gold stuff like Porridge and other old beeb stuff, but again its all repeats and you can buy the stuff on DVD.

Suppose you've all heard that the TV licence is going up again?

We have to pay to watch repeats of The Vicar of ****ing Dibley. Its the law, apparently.

I'm quite happy with freeview. I pay enough to watch this crap as it is.

Dropped my Sky sub to basic last year ... seriously thinking of dumping it altogether as we don't watch much at all now ... mostly docus ... when they ain't repeating ... :shrug:

:p

Pfft!

I have (had) the following on Series Link;

Prison Break
Nip Tuck
Battlestar Galactica
The 4400
My Name is Earl
Lost
A Town Called Eureka

There's plenty on!

some goods stuff there too

We have gone through Sky,Sky + and Sky HD and now we are on freeview..tbh we dont miss all 200+ channels of repeats,well apart from the discovery channel :crying: Sky HD was the biggest waste of space..so much money and for what..4 channels that repeated the same one HD programme over again :wacky:
Mabey worth it in a few years time,but i'd stay well clear unless you really have money to burn (y) :p
(Planet earth...berloody AMAZING quality though *dribbles* )

I really like Sky, it goes off in a storm though and never comes back on. My brother in law is a sky engineer though so he can repair it when it goes down. Without him though it would be a different ball game because its always going down. Last night he finished repairing the dish that had moved in the wind at 9:55 and the PPV boxing id paid £15 for started at 10pm!! so that was lucky :D

There's always something to watch, there's an extreme sports channel and Adventure One where there's always some clown risking their life just to get an adrenaline boost.

Gotta say though the main channels have gone down the pan, Sky One shows all the stuff ive seen from the US. So Sky two etc are usually better, Dont think ive seen a music video on MTV for years so i find Q and Kerrang more entertaining. Same for the films, Film4 is the daddy and the others are just playing crap for the masses.

Deffo search out the more obscure/support channels, its where the fun is. I hardly ever watch Discovery channel, but watch its sister channels daily - Discover Science etc.

Lee, get him to drill through the mast and bracket and bolt it. It's probably been over tightened and the bracket has started to collapse (very cheap soft steel they are)

I'm not actually on sky I'm with telewest we have their TV Drive box and its excellant. To me I can't do without it. It's quite sad :crying: I can understand that people won't really like it because everybody likes different shows and one thing might not suit someone eles. I like sport or more to the point basketball their are 2 games a week on sky sports and one on five plus when it comes to play off time and finals you get all the games. I also love HDTV :love: and if I ever moved to sky that would be the main reason more HDTV.

anyone see 24 lastnight? jack is so hard, he kills people by biting them now....

I dropped my Sky package this very morning. I was paying close to £45 a month and now I get all I really watch for £18. I can't not have Sky because we can't get a normal analogue or digital signal is this part of scotland owing to the mountains (still have to buy a TV licence though even though we can't actually get the service.......).

I've still got Eurosport, still got Sky One, still got all the history and discovery channels. All I lost if the movies (which I've usually seen anyway) and Sky Sports which is football and mainly the games you don't watch - I mean it was 3rd division matches last week! Comeon! I'm not paying for that.

anyone see 24 lastnight? jack is so hard, he kills people by biting them now....

I missed all of days 2, 3, 4, and 5, but glad i got to see the first 2 episodes of day 6 last night. that man is nails.

I rarely watch tv so dont get annoyed by lack of material - just at our cricket team:annoyed:

Yeah, and Murdoch robbed the country of that too! :bang:

to be fair, they prostituted themselves like the cheap tarts they are. Almost satisfying to see the ECB running around like a headless chicken trying to protect that golden egg - no-one will pay premium for too long to see them getting whipped every series :)

Freeview is more than enough for me, and I'm more than happy to pay the license fee - it's cracking value for money in a house of 4 :)

yep!, you go from 5 channels of crap to 500 channels of crap.

i do miss shy one, animal planate, discovery and food channel at times though...
but why sit in and watch tele when theres other things you can be doing, i know only have terestrial TV and iof theres nothing on, the TV goes off and i find something else to do. i remember back when i did have all the channels, if nothing was on, i used to find something on!, so then in turn sit in front of TV all day, watching repeats or big brother live!

Back