Sky over Fylingdale

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I took this picture during a camping trip last year. It's probably the only landscape Ive taken that I've been really quite pleased with.

Hope you like it too. Could I have done anything to improve it?

:) Steve

Hi Steve ... :wave: ... that is certainly a dramatic and colourful sky and makes for a lovely landscape ... (y)

Only thing I can see that would definitely have improved it imhgo would have been not to blow the highlights ... :shrug: ... there is an awful lot of white-out in the top half of the image ... :cautious:

:p

Interesting cloud formation and some nice colours in there (y) but i agree that the blown highlight on the left distracts the eye.

Thanks. Yes, I see what you mean. But how could I have avoided this? If I'd metered for a lighter patch the clouds would have been too dark. It is possible to darken the blown areas in Photoshop or similar?

I really appreciate your advice. (y)

Two ways, either use ND filters or take two shots one metered off the ground and one off the clouds, then blend them together in PS.

I like the composition the main interest is obviously the quite stunning sky and you have shown that to great effect. You can add an ND grad in photoshop.

Thanks guys, I'll start learning about processing and have a play around.

Back