Sky Tv

digitalfailure

Staff Bog Cleaner 2015
Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone having problems with sky this morning?

I can't get any channels or interactive services :(

The signal strength is fine.........:shrug:

I can't go with out the music channels :help:

It was alright here when I went to bed at about 11.00pm

Sunday morning Tv on normal tv is crapola !!!

Yup I was half way through 'Memoirs Of Geisha' last night when mine went down. I was blooming fuming!
Half eaten bag of popcorn & flat bottle of Bud still sat on the coffee table this morning :(

mine went funny too, got 3 hours of blank DVD instead of the F1
its working now though, Little Shop of horrors on movies....

every channel says "technical fault"

feckin POS, and to think i was going to upgrade to sky+ for christmas too......they can go poke it now!

Mine's gone now. No satelite signal on both boxes. Builder geezer that's here says that's normal for a bad storm which we're having now. I've not experienced this effect of a storm on Sky before but we've only had it for about a year - telewest before that.

Hi John

The signal strength on mine is showing over 80% as is the quality, clear blue skies and a mild breeze :eek:

The gods have got it in for me....I had to endure T4 earlier :puke:

Our sky gets knocked out when we get heavy rain or a storm, its kinda sunny here at the moment, you'd best not send that storm over this way :p

Wooooo hoooooo i'm back on

I gave in and called them, and as if by magic.....i have hundreds of channels of junk to choose from now (y)

Same here. It's back and the rumble of thunder is quite distant. Heading NE - towards Darksaber :)

whats that Glo.......do i need it? and whats the channel number :D

I'm respecting Df's wishes - doesn't have anything to do with his big scary nasty ban hammer ;)

Although he did say he didn't want it posting on a public forum, he said nothing about not emailing it to you Glo ;)

whats that I can smell..........would that be 2 accounts about to be flame grilled :nono:

Rule of thumb with Sky is that if there's very very heavy rain, thunder lighting, or other weather type funnies going on, the signal from the sattalite to your dishes can and will get broken or you will suffer from picture brake up or from square blocking on your screen. You get the same thing with the set top boxes for freeview. There's not very much you can do about it.

I'll have a dig about at work and have chat with a few engineers and see what they say.

I'll keep you guys posted as and when I find out more....

LOL Not in half the country ;)

We have NTL here (Yes, I know NTL own telewest), and I wouldnt touch those inept monkeys with next door neighbours bargepole.

Darksaber,

You need one of these little fellas!

moon.gif

Regards,

Pete

Here's an update

When the rain rains and the thunder thunders and the lightning lights the pictures will, of course, break up. The break up is cause by a number of factors that are all related to a lowering of the available signal level - depolarisation of the signal caused by the spherical nature of the droplets and their lower velocity of propagation, a partial transfer of transient energy into the oxygen molecules of the rain drops and so on.

depolarisation of the signal caused by the spherical nature of the droplets and their lower velocity of propagation, a partial transfer of transient energy into the oxygen molecules of the rain drops and so on.

Yeah I thought it was that! :D :D :D

Back