Skyline R34- Snow

Edit My Images
Yes
Went out tonight with a friend to try a few new shots in the snow.

We went to a location that had no lighting at all so i used a flash gun and a high iso knowing id get noise.

Here is the result straight off the camera...does anyone know any techniques to make this image look slightly better, i only have photoshop cs4 to post proccess.

_C214387.jpg

This is how i want it but obviously if theres anyway i can lose some of the Noise and maybe make it a bit sharper. I understand the focus isnt right either.

1.jpg

Last edited:
Can't help with the noise reduction but for focal sharpness at night, next time use a torch or lantern to light your subject whilst focusing, then knock to manual focus so the camera doesn't keep trying to adjust.

with the shutter speed at 30 seconds the iso at 200 i still didnt get pleasing results with the use of the flash.

We are going out to try this again so any thoughts on how to get this effect...the use of a torch was a good idea.

Took the liberty of running your photo's through Noiseware. The results are a little limited due to the size of the originals I was working with. Would be far better to use a longer exposure, lower ISO and shoot in raw.

1.jpg

2-1.jpg

I can see what your aiming for and your not a million miles away (y)

Back