Skype popup driving me nuts

S

susie

Does anyone have any idea how I can turn off the skype popup box? Pretty much any listing I look at on ebay has it appearing, and even when I click the "do not show this message again" box and disallow it still comes up next time I click on either the same or s different listing, and its driving me nuts :(

Nothing I do seems to stop it, and I don't want Skype open except for specific uses :bang:

when mine is open it just sits in the notification area till i dbl click it

that's a though, i never use ebay so wouldn't know - are there settings in ebay to open skype to chat to users or something?

thanks all,
I do not have Skype running unless I have a specific use for it, and the ebay pop up is trying to set it to run.
I will try the ebay options, hopefully that will work as nothing seems to stop it on the laptop.

you could block pop ups - or would that derail the functionality of ebay?

I already have popups blocked. Google did not come up with any ways of stopping it so I thought it would be worth asking on here, but it looks as if there really is is no way to stop it :( Shame because I was looking for some stuff and ebay was the cheapest place to find it.

I already have popups blocked. Google did not come up with any ways of stopping it so I thought it would be worth asking on here, but it looks as if there really is is no way to stop it :( Shame because I was looking for some stuff and ebay was the cheapest place to find it.

susie, do they still appear if you completely turn skype off, exit it?

Unfortunately yes, its exited and I have disabled it in preferences as well. It seems to be a vista problem so thats probably why some other people don't get it, fair few threads about it on the ebay forums but nobody put anything that worked. It would not be so bad if the don't show this again tick box worked, but something somewhere is ignoring it :(

Hi. I hope this reply will be of some help to you. I just 'googled' 'stop skype pop ups on ebay' and this forum showed up. I was sick and tired of the pop ups and there seemed nothing I could do. I disabled everything that resembled a pop up stopper to no avail until.................................. I installed Mozilla Firefox. It's now gone, the pop up that is! I have been on ebay forums and they are up in arms about the skype pop up. If I could have found out how to let them know about Firefox I would have but I couldn't find a reply button. Try Firefox and good luck, it worked for me :) All the best. Richard

p.s. I use Vista Ultimate as well and it works fine. Richard

Hi I think I have a solution? In IE you go to tools manage add ons then disable all the Skype related entries, right click - disable. There are three Skype entries on my IE. You might have to select to show all add ons to get them all to show up in the list - one was hidden away at the bottom of the list and that was the one that stopped the message box for me. Good luck. I have IE8 but managing add ons should be much the same in IE7 if that's what you're on.

Back