Sleepy Bee... definitely not dead :)

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
Poor thing but great shots Bryn, love the eyes on these bees, last shot is a corker.

3-5 are superb mate, love the detail in the eye! I have to be honest though and say I'm not keen on the stacks, too many soft focus gaps.

Thanks mate... still practising stacking so this is a move forward for me... I do need to try use the liveview (magic lantern) to do it as you can see the area in focus. Dont expect perfect stacks from me for a while ;)

Incredible detail in these as usual Bryn, especially the eyes. No3 is the pick of a very good bunch for me.

These type of bees actually sleep by clamping on a stem, so probably just having a snooze :sleep:

lovely pictures though

Last edited:
Incredible detail in these as usual Bryn, especially the eyes. No3 is the pick of a very good bunch for me.

Thanks Steve glad you like them and thanks for the comment

These type of bees actually sleep by clamping on a stem, so probably just having a snooze :sleep:

lovely pictures though

Umm went and check this afternoon and it has gone leaf still where I left it so it's either woke up or got eaten. :confused: what a great way to sleep.

Nice shots Bryn

Many of the shots on Flickr of this type of bee are posed like this.

A really good set of images, with #3 being a firm fav' for me.(y)

George.

Nice shots Bryn

Many of the shots on Flickr of this type of bee are posed like this.

Thanks Alf ... you are the master on Flickr

A really good set of images, with #3 being a firm fav' for me.(y)

George.

Thanks George much appreciated

Very nice set of the bee - I suspect it is in fact asleep not dead, as Todd said above.

It appears not to have been dead... lol but what an awesome sleeping position. Wish I caught it waking up too :D

Brilliant Bryn. Interesting position it's in but well captured. Gorgeous light and colour.

Can't comment on the sharpness as I'm viewing on a small screen but really like the first one Bryn perfect angle and composition
Pretty sure that it's just sleeping they apparently grab hold of leaves like that when they sleep
I've never found one like that we'll spotted

Brilliant Bryn. Interesting position it's in but well captured. Gorgeous light and colour.

Thanks Ian much appreciated.

Can't comment on the sharpness as I'm viewing on a small screen but really like the first one Bryn perfect angle and composition
Pretty sure that it's just sleeping they apparently grab hold of leaves like that when they sleep
I've never found one like that we'll spotted

When you get chance look on a big screen.

Back