Slide Viewer - Hama, Kaiser or Medalight?

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
I am looking to purchase a table top slide viewer, and noticed there are several competitor versions out there for similar prices. Does anyone have any experience with them and recommendations?

The 3 I am looking at are

Medalight SV-5000
Kaiser Diascop 3
Hama 03662

The Medalight & Kaiser seem to offer you the ability to view both slide and also negative strips, whilst the Hama only appears to offer slide viewing.

I use both 35mm film formats.

Thanks in advance

HMM they all look the same but with different names on them.

I have a version of the Kaiser one, mine is a side loader and will only do slides. It works well but as it is mains powered it does get very warm after a short while.

It is bright, I think slightly brighter than a light box and will make your slides jump out.

However it is a bit tricky to clean if you start to get bits of dirt and fluff on the light source.

HMM they all look the same but with different names on them.

I have a version of the Kaiser one, mine is a side loader and will only do slides. It works well but as it is mains powered it does get very warm after a short while.

It is bright, I think slightly brighter than a light box and will make your slides jump out.

However it is a bit tricky to clean if you start to get bits of dirt and fluff on the light source.

Thanks. Do you have the Diascop 3 Kaiser?

Good that it makes them jump out as want to see how much detail there is in the shadow compared to what is being scanned in with the film scanner.

Doesnt seem that many other people have these so comes down to that all important thing ... price!

No mine is a version of Slide Viewer Kaiser Diascop 50N (mine is fixed where as the 50N moves) think mine is about 20 years old????

I do like it for quickly look through slides.

Back