slide viewers

Name
Garry
Edit My Images
Yes
Does anyone make a good quality slide viewer which doesn't distort the image, or produce fringing?
I bought a 20 quid viewer last week which I'm quite pleased with, but would like one with better image quality.

Cheers
Garry

you could try getting an old slide projector or a lightbox, not the same as a small viewer but they will do the job

Lightbox + a loupe works for me when I want run a critical eye over 35mm slides.

I have a neat little slide viewer/projector, a Hannimex Felitor DB200 which is both a projector and a viewer. It is essentially a fairly compact slide projector which can project a reasonably big image with the included 50mm lens, but you can also use it as a viewer by fitting the 'hood' screen in position on top of it over the lens which reflects it off a mirror onto the rear of a 20cm x 20cm matt screen which is angled at 45 degrees for easy viewing, it also allows 126 and 127 square slides to be viewed as well.

It gives a quite nice image on the screen with little to no distortion or fringing and the mirror is keystone corrected for when its reflected onto the screen so you do lose a tiny amount off the sides. Its also useful as you can view the slides in daylight as well using the screen.

It cost me £20 on ebay last year when I was looking for a slide viewer. You do occasionally see them on ebay, but you can also get the DB120 version which is even smaller by only having a 12cm square screen. I'll post some pictures of mine later.

Back