Slideshow software recommendations

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm hoping to produce some slideshows of some long term wildlife projects I've spent time on. My idea is a stills slideshow with some information slides included to tell the story. I'm looking for some software I can purchase rather than a monthly subscription as I'm only going to produced a few a year. Hoping to find something that has the zoom and slide features to make the slideshow a little more interesting.

Can anyone recommend some software that easy to use and what I'm looking for? I've heard of foto magico (which looks good) and animoto (which is out as it's subscription based). It needs to be able to produce a file suitable for display on a zenfolio website.

MS Powerpoint

Both pro show gold and producer have zoom and pan feature... The effects bundles are templates which make your life a lot easier... But as you are creating a wild life slideshow with text, a customised slideshow will suit your presentation... I have been using this for some years now... The you tube channel is a great source for inspiration on the various capabilities of this product.

I forgot to mention I use an iMac as I didn't think it would matter, but it looks like ProShow is a windows based software program whilst FotoMagico is mac based software. It seems ProShow may work if I set up a windows virtual machine on the mac so I may look into that.

Edit: a quick look at the possible ways to run windows on a mac means either a copy of windows 8 is need to use windows by boot camp (means selecting the mac or windows at start up) or via VMWare virtual machine window (adds more cost but allows swapping between windows and mac is easier). It sounds like FotoMagico may be the easier option for a mac.

Last edited:
Back