slideshows

i depends on what you want and the budget you have
pictures to exe is about £50
proshow gold is about £50
proshow producer is about £250

ease of use
pictures to exe is not quite as easy to use as proshow, but is considered to produce better results, the interface on proshow is better and easier to use.

Cheers Steve

Just written some images to disc via the standard software that comes with windows 7. It plays the images, zooms in/out and flips or fades to the next one but the IQ looks crap when viewing the slideshow..............

Is this because it is bundled software with the OS? Do the dedicated slideshow creators do a better job of maintaing the IQ during playback or am I missing somthing?

some products dont do a very good job of reducing image s to fit the resoluion for a slideshow doe not do a very good job , one reason is that a camera is a square image eg 4:3 video works mostly on 16:9 .

one way you may try is to set the images to max 720 wide or 560 high
then stretch the canvas to 720x560 .

this worked for me, and proshow and pictures to exe are designed for slideshows. both are available as a trail , i would advice you to try them and compare the 2 different programs with your results from windows 7

i hope this help

some products dont do a very good job of reducing image s to fit the resoluion for a slideshow doe not do a very good job , one reason is that a camera is a square image eg 4:3 video works mostly on 16:9 .

one way you may try is to set the images to max 720 wide or 560 high
then stretch the canvas to 720x560 .

this worked for me, and proshow and pictures to exe are designed for slideshows. both are available as a trail , i would advice you to try them and compare the 2 different programs with your results from windows 7

i hope this help
Thanks for that. I am happy with the set of images it is displaying and the way it displays them but someone viewing may deem the images 'not sharp' which is not the case so I will do a batch re-size and see how it handles them. Thanks.

Back