I love BRASH and BRASH loves me
Suspended / Banned
Name
Ade
Edit My Images
Yes
Win.jpg

InternationalFalconaryPeregrineswildinMalham.jpg

Can't say I'm not jealous, a lovely shot you have there though :)

Jolly good show:)

Thanks guys, didn`t expect to win the category to be honest, But.................:D

Don't encourage him - it's obviously a fix! :D

Yeh, and I'm your Nigerian uncle. Can you send me all your money and I'll give you several million pounds that a long lost relative Prince has left in his will.:D

Congrats Ade well done mate!

I'm not going this year but I know a couple of people that are.

Oh and keep that letter that sig. of Foxy's will be worth something one day :p

IIRC, I watched the female rip a blackbird up very shortly afterwards.

Thanks for all your comments, yes Brian, even you..............:D

Slightly please :LOL: .............. that's an amazing capture.

Di

Thanks for all your comments, yes Brian, even you..............:D

;);) Seriously Ade, well done mate, it's a real feather in you cap (no pun intended).(y)(y)(y)(y)

Thanks Di.

Yes Brian, it kinda makes up for all the hours I sit watching,(sometimes not seeing them at all,) these birds in all weathers.

Yeh, and I'm your Nigerian uncle. Can you send me all your money and I'll give you several million pounds that a long lost relative Prince has left in his will.:D

:LOL::LOL: (y)

Congrats on that Ade, well deserved imo (y) Check out the prices of camera gear whilst you are out there :D

cracker! well done..

Al Ain is in the middle of the desert and has some amazing falconers! You will have a great time!! Check out Al Ain Zoo whilst your there, possibly the only place in the world where Shetland ponies are on exhibit next to brown bears and tigers!!

Thank you all for your replies and comments.Thanks.

Quick explanation of what is going on.

The female peregrine rarely leaves the nest when the chicks are very young, she waits for the male to return with fodder.

He came back with a blackbird, she rose from the nest and took it off him. These birds are so quick that out of 27 shots at full chat, I only got three in focus.The speed of these is phenomenal.She was actually underneath him at handover complete, got a pic somewhere, see if I can dig it out.

Anyway, chuffed to say the least.

Cogratulations enjoy (y)

Thanks Bob.

Well done Geeze, I new you were good at this photography malarky! (y)

PS if you need someone to carry your gear around in abu dhabi give us a shout.:D

Don't want to put a damper on things but I am always suspicious . There are a couple of points ,first did you actually enter a competition or did the win come unexpectedly?

Second point why a flight to Abu Dhabi when at the bottom of the letter it has an address in Wales with only a PO box number. Anything like this with a PO box number always rings alarm bells. Who is actually paying for all this?

Don't forget it is so easy to create a false web site.

Ask yourself why someone in Wales would be offering a prize they are not paying for, but by some organisation based in the Emerates? seems a little strange to me.

There used to be a scam that offered trips abroad which actually took place but when the winner returned home the house was stripped bare. Don't forget you are giving a complete stranger not only details of when your house is empty but for how long as well.

Check out the company with companies house to see if its genuine

I am not saying it isn't a genuine prize, just pointing out things you need to check up on first, and do make sure your property is occupied while your away.

Check with a birds of prey centre to see if they have heard of this event.

I just don't want you to be a victim of a scam

Apart from that like the others have said ,an amazing photo

Realspeed

Last edited:
Well done ,I hope you have a fantastic time .

I have just looked on their website and there seems to be lots going on while you are there , i hope we will be treated to some photos on your return. :)

Last edited:
Back