slingshot 300

Name
David Thomas
Edit My Images
Yes
How much stuff can you fit in these? I'm undecided whether to try and struggle with my Lowepro Orion Trekker on my way out to the states or get something else before I go. With the Slingshot 300 at 60quid at PC World I thought that might be an option.

Loads!
1d mkIIN with 70-200mm with 1.4x attached, 300mm f4, 24-105, 17-40, flash, 2x converter + all the odds and sods and still room for a packed lunch.

I had a Slingshot 300 but found it a little bit tight with my Nikon D80 with 70-200vr plus TC-14 attached.

Also - I wish the design enabled you to have the flexibility to go through both top and bottom sections if you want rather than the current set-up that is effectively two seperate bags joined together.
Also - I didn't like having to remove the camera to get access to stuff in the side partitions. I prefer the type of design that allows the front to be unzipped to reveal all the contents.
Another minor grumble I had was that the design only allows for you to hang on the left shoulder rather than being adjustable for either. This didn't feel right for me personally but even if it did I would want to swap shoulders occasionally if carrying a heavy load.

I'm not trying to flame the bag as I think Lowepro are one of the best manufacturers around. Just trying to point out why it didn't work for me.

It's certainly a decent, well thought out gear bag designed specifically for photographers with a professional/semi-professional camera c/w grip and a number of lenses plus flash and loads of accessories ... (y)

The one thing I would say is when it is full it can be pretty damn heavy ... :eek: ... and has just the single shoulder strap to take the strain ... :cautious: ... not everybody's cup of tea ... :shrug:

Try before you buy would be my advice ... with a loaded bag ... :D

:p

The following is currently in my slingshot 300... (the space is HUGE!)

1DnMII fitted with 100-400mm. 24-105mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 400d body, 580ex, 430ex, half a dozen memory cards, 4 filters, a couple of batteries, and still room for a sarnie and a bottle of drink...

I got one of these excellent bags. You can get an amazing amount of gear in them but the problem is it becomes very uncomfortable with the single strap and all that weight. I've just purchased a Tamrac Expedition 7 and I can get roughly the same amount of gear in but it is far more comfortable.

I've squeezed in the following:

Canon 30D with grip
Canon 10-22
Canon 50mm f1.4
Canon 70-200 f2.8 - remove this and i can add a 100mm macro and 17-85!
Canon 1.4x Extender
Speedlite 430ex
Various Lee Filters
Remote release
Rocket blower
Cleaning tissues
Hoods for the lens etc...

bloomin ek! they sure can fit a lot in then. Can you take them on to planes as hand luggage?

Back