Review Slingshot 300AW

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
This arrived today so thought I'd do a first impressions type review. Reason I bought it was I've never been entirely happy with either my Tamrac backpac or Lowepro Nova shoulder bag when at the motocross. The "hybrid" nature of this bag I think will give me the best of both worlds.

Price: £59.95 including postage off eBay. Very quick delivery as it happens, ordered wednesday night, received today :)

Quality/Build: It's a Lowepro, it seems like it's built to last, time will tell.

Some pics

First a size comparison with my cyberpac 8 and Nova 5. The 300 is slightly bigger than the 5 but a fair bit smaller than the Tamrac. The perspective doesn't show that too well. The 100mm Macro is in front just for reference.

IMG_2261.JPG

The strap is designed only to be worn over the right shoulder and there's a belt to make sure everything stays in place. Plenty adjustment in the straps so getting a comfortable fit shouldn't be a problem

IMG_2264.JPG

Looking at the insides the bag isn’t as spacious as I initially expected, mainly as a result of the separate top section. However there’s room for the 1D with 70-200, couple of lenses a flash and a P2000. Fine for a normal day out. There’s also a handy built in lens cleaning cloth built in.

IMG_22651.JPG

IMG_2266.JPG

IMG_2269.JPG

The top section is a bit on the small side but again more than adequate for batteries, filters, maybe even a smallish lens if needed.

IMG_22621.JPG

The front pocket is again a bit shallow but more than enough for filters, pens, cards, notebook etc.

IMG_2263.JPG

Finally there’s the All weather cover built into a compartment on the bottom which I haven’t bothered to take out for this.

Overall it seems like a pretty well thought out bag. The single strap will take a bit of getting used to but seems to work pretty well as a design.

Nice review dod(y) The 1D looks like it could stand a quick trip to the jetwash :LOL:

I had one for my birthday last November. My local camera shop matched an internet price on it £59.99 at the time, so i was well pleased

just an addendum to this, I had it out at the weekend. It comfortably held two 1d MkX bodies, 70-200, 24-70, 17-40 flash and the extra gubins you carry. I'm beginning to like this bag :)

Back