slow to open second page

Name
Sean Logie
Edit My Images
Yes
This'll be fun for me to try and explain this :D

Anyhow here goes ....

Just say for instance ,i'm looking at the landscape threads ,and someone posts a photo to get peoples views on and they leave a link for either their webby/flkr .When i click the link it seem to take ages to open ,i have to make clear it's not just on here but in general .

You can have a read and let me know if this make sense ,also if you know what the problem might be

Merry Xmas to everyone

Well that is normally associated with your download speed...

As you visit pages the Pc keeps a temporary copy, so the next time you visit that page it loads it from the temporary files if it has not changed..

If there are new pages it has to download it..

Do all your pages take time to download ???

Try a speed tester... speedtest.net

Click begin test then the rev counter will move..

This will tell you your upload and download speed...

(y)

did the speed test ...

download speed- 2.94 mb/s

upload speed - 0.37 mb/s

Now to me thats not great :shrug:

It's not the initial opening of a page thats slow ,it's the links within the the page like your speed tester link, if that makes sense

Have you tried opening any links in a new tab rather than a new window to see if that makes a difference?

Right click the link and select 'open in new tab' or Ctrl + click (Cmd + click on a Mac).

I get the same thing - but the link points to something like "goto.talkphotography.co.uk/xxxx" - this is what seems to take the time.

did the speed test ...

download speed- 2.94 mb/s

upload speed - .037 mb/s

Now to me thats not great :shrug:

It's not the initial opening of a page thats slow ,it's the links within the the page like your speed tester link, if that makes sense

Are you sure of those figures? That upload speed is terrible and may be the cause of your problem. The electrons are travelling in single file :LOL:

Who is your isp?

I think that is the referral system used so that the link through earns the forum some pennies.

Yes, but I'm pretty sure it never used to do that - and it only seems to have slowed down since that started?

In fact, when at work I can't click any external links because our proxy server/firewall blocks them (or seems to - they never actually open)

Have you tried opening any links in a new tab rather than a new window to see if that makes a difference?

Right click the link and select 'open in new tab' or Ctrl + click (Cmd + click on a Mac).

Tried this and it opens instantly (y)

Are you sure of those figures? That upload speed is terrible and may be the cause of your problem. The electrons are travelling in single file :LOL:

Who is your isp?

Oops decimal point in wrong place on upload figure,still slow though eh?

Back