Slow worm

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I found this little guy hiding in one of my large Penjing Forrest settings, he was quite contented to be there,but we eventually put him/her the other side of the fence, otherwise some birds would have had him.
This is the first one i have seen in our garden, and i wish i could have got lower to take the shot.

Best regards Paul

we eventually put him/her the other side of the fence, otherwise some birds would have had him.

I believe the black markings on the back it it a her. I found that out finding one in my compost a while ago. He was quite happy to be photographed...
3560912394_63d93c4a03.jpg

3560911632_ae0f631dce.jpg

Hope you don't mind me butting in on your thread. :)

Just pointing out in case anyone thinks this is a snake, it is in fact a legless lizard as it has eyelids, unlike snakes which don't:)

I believe the black markings on the back it it a her. I found that out finding one in my compost a while ago. He was quite happy to be photographed...
3560912394_63d93c4a03.jpg

3560911632_ae0f631dce.jpg

Hope you don't mind me butting in on your thread. :)

Elastoman, i don't mind in the least you, or anyone else getting in on the thread, its nice to see your shots of the Slow Worm, i can get some idea of what to aim for, by the way i like No1.
If i have the opportunity of catching her again, i will try to get lower and capture a much better shot.

Best regards Paul

Just pointing out in case anyone thinks this is a snake, it is in fact a legless lizard as it has eyelids, unlike snakes which don't:)

Thanks Galaxy66 for the info.
Thats one thing i can honestly say "i did know that" but maybe a lot of other members don't, so its a valuable bit of info.

Best regards Paul

by the way i like No1

Thank you Bonsaidad.

I think they are fascinating creatures, with quite incredible markings. I hope you get the chance to get some more shots.

You can be sure that if i do, and they are half way decent, i will probably post on a different section covering wildlife.
Another one i will be looking for is a Newt, i will call him Tiny, because he is minute. ( my newt ) :LOL:

Best regards Paul

Back