Slowly getting back into it.

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
Great varied set there Bryn, love that little wasp, like you said too small for the Venus, shame you couldnt just whip on the MPE65
1st 2 took so clean and bright.
I wouldnt want them "strange" eggs for my lunch (too small) lol but nice find.
Keep at it and welcome back (y)

Great varied set there Bryn, love that little wasp, like you said too small for the Venus, shame you couldnt just whip on the MPE65
1st 2 took so clean and bright.
I wouldnt want them "strange" eggs for my lunch (too small) lol but nice find.
Keep at it and welcome back (y)

Cheeky beggar.... have you looked at wasp on Flickr. ;)

Any guesses of the last item?

Very nice Bryn - was great looking at all of them

Thanks Carl glad to be getting back into it.

Very nice shots. The Venus 60mm? Do you know how often you move past the 1:1 macro capability of this? I'm wondering how useful that extra 2:1 headroom is for these kinds of tiny wildlife shots.

Very nice shots. The Venus 60mm? Do you know how often you move past the 1:1 macro capability of this? I'm wondering how useful that extra 2:1 headroom is for these kinds of tiny wildlife shots.

Chris, I use mine past 1:1 a lot. Up to 4:1 with tubes in a home studio setting. I haven't yet done too much with it for micro wildlife as there hasn't been too much until the last few days. Obviously, at 2:1 you are very close to the subject.

Fantastic set, Bryn. Love the first ladybird!

Thanks Dunc appreciate the comment

Hi Chris most of these are shot at 2:1 so I go past 1:1 all the time. I use MP-E for anything more though. It's a fantastic lens but does have some pitfalls.

Nice set Bryn with loads of detail! 7 & 8 would be my pics from the set, would of really liked the 5th shot if it was front on. I like the first ladybird but the light looks harsh on the second.

Chris, I use mine past 1:1 a lot. Up to 4:1 with tubes in a home studio setting. I haven't yet done too much with it for micro wildlife as there hasn't been too much until the last few days. Obviously, at 2:1 you are very close to the subject.

How close are you to subject at 4:1 and what tubes do you use to achieve 4:1?

Nice set of images Bryn, no fav's but some really good shots amongst them.(y)

George.

Nice set Bryn with loads of detail! 7 & 8 would be my pics from the set, would of really liked the 5th shot if it was front on. I like the first ladybird but the light looks harsh on the second.

:jawdrop: Never thought you wouldn't like an ass shot ;) ..... thanks for the comment

Nice set of images Bryn, no fav's but some really good shots amongst them.(y)

George.

Cheers George appreciate it

Every camera folk has one... even the girls :D Thanks for the comment ;)

Do girls use/own cameras!? ;) thats news to me :D...You learn something new every day on this forum!

Still thinking what that image could be...you watch, now Ive slated the Girls...one of em will come along an guess what it is!

Nice set Bryn some good shots I have seen those type of eggs in my garden too.

Is that the nozzle of a blower a pocket rocket maybe.

Do girls use/own cameras!? ;) thats news to me :D...You learn something new every day on this forum!

Still thinking what that image could be...you watch, now Ive slated the Girls...one of em will come along an guess what it is!

I shall not comment @Cg_Girl would have my guts.

Nice set Bryn. I particularly like the first four in the second post. Lovely colours and compositions.

Thanks Nick definitely better DR on this sensor.

Nice set Bryn some good shots I have seen those type of eggs in my garden too.

Is that the nozzle of a blower a pocket rocket maybe.

Thanks Alf and we'll done you got it in one.

Nice sets - really like the eye shot a lot.

Thanks mate appreciate it

Now I've had time to look I'll use this double post to comment....

Love both of the ladybug ones, very cute.
7 & 8 are also cool... Those eggs really are strange but interesting too.

Thank God no spiders or you'd have got an extra :bat: lol

Last edited:
Excellent series Bryn, back with a bang l would say, wish l could get the ethusiasm to get out and hit the small world.

Now I've had time to look I'll use this double post to comment....

Love both of the ladybug ones, very cute.
7 & 8 are also cool... Those eggs really are strange but interesting too.

Thank God no spiders or you'd have got an extra :bat: lol

OK Next time some spiders just for you :D

Excellent series Bryn, back with a bang l would say, wish l could get the ethusiasm to get out and hit the small world.

Get out there it will come back :D ... though my new camera took a tumble today. Had black rapid attached to the lens and somehow the camera came lose and dropped to floor from hip height. Not happy, not completely sure how it happened.

OK Next time some spiders just for you :D

Get out there it will come back :D ... though my new camera took a tumble today. Had black rapid attached to the lens and somehow the camera came lose and dropped to floor from hip height. Not happy, not completely sure how it happened.
Heck hope it is ok, l hate it when things go wrong.

my new camera took a tumble today. Had black rapid attached to the lens and somehow the camera came lose and dropped to floor from hip height. Not happy, not completely sure how it happened.
:eek:

Back