SLR Hut in London.

Name
Stuart or just Stoo!
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, just been browsing and found this site, just wondering if anyone has used this site and if so have you had good or bad experiences with them.
Thanks you guys.

Seems to be a unit where they bring things in from the US, so you'd really need to find out where the sale takes place. Their Company Policies section on Returns states that "If a return authorization is received within the statutory 7 business day cooling off period the refund is not subject to a restocking fee, however the refund is subject to the 7.5% charge imposed on us by our merchant services account. " and I'm not sure this would be permitted under the UK Distance Selling Regulations. This would be £75 on a £1000 camera, so it's certainly worth thinking about.

They also don't seem to state what the warranty position is, and the contact phones operate from about 2.30pm our time, so almost certainly they're in the US somewhere.

That's my thoughts entirely guys. I don't mind getting grey imports as such but I really don't want to have to pay VAT or import duty on top. Have done quite a bit of searching and even contacted a friend who lives nearby and he's been to find the shop! Err, that's a no then. They are a mailbox brokers apparently. Think it's another one to miss. Thanks for your input though, it definately made my mind up.

I was looking at them the other day; their price for the Sigma 150-500 was a hundred quid less than the next contender; having ventured up the "buy it" road, out of curiousity; all was going well until I found the bit which added 20% VAT! This pitched them squarely against known honest traders, so I went elsewhere.
Their limited feedback seems reasonable but they appear to conduct a telephone interview of buyers after an order is placed.

I don't mind getting grey imports as such but I really don't want to have to pay VAT or import duty on top. Have done quite a bit of searching and even contacted a friend who lives nearby and he's been to find the shop! Err, that's a no then. They are a mailbox brokers apparently. Think it's another one to miss. Thanks for your input though, it definately made my mind up.
The above is what I managed to find out on New Years Day when I posted about them. Apparently they add VAT at 20% when you check out as well.

Back