SLR HUT UK

Name
Cathy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all and Merry Xmas and all the best for 2016!

Have any of you used the above store to purchase your new camera equipment?
I am looking at getting a Canon 6D and they are cheapest at the moment.However I have never heard of them before so just wondering ?
Cathy

I've not heard any recommendations for them among my friends. We've all tended to buy from Digital Rev and HDEW without any issues. My Canon 70-200 lens needed a repair within warranty and HDEW sorted it for me, even paying for the postage to the repair centre in Glasgow.
Personally I am of the opinion that I am happier to pay a little more to know I have that support if anything goes wrong.

I hope that helps in some way.

I bought a Fuji X-T1 from them a couple of weeks ago. Camera came from USA in 3 days and I could track it every step of the way.
No complaints from me. I've used HDEW Panamoz and Digital Rev too, all very good.

what happened through customs? did you have to pay extra tax on top of the final price?

SLR HUT UK?

They were in the US last time I looked (and decided I didn't like the way they traded).

Items were advertised up front at one price, I went to check out and all of a sudden various amounts were added on that made the item silly expensive.

It happened a couple of times.

SLR HUT UK?

They were in the US last time I looked

Still in the US, they forgot to change their Help page to £ from $ for a start. They also trade in US business hours.

Monday to Thursday: 1.00pm to 11.00pm BST
Friday: 1.00pm to 8.00pm BST
Saturday: Closed

The owner of the site is one Steven Assoulin of 12808 Gran Bay Parkway West care of Network Solutions Jacksonville FL 32258 United States. He has a number of similar sites, another one is www.fumfie.com which doesn't pretend to be anywhere but the US.

They also claim to have been trading since 2002, but the website was only registered in 2011, so all in all, a really honest looking bunch...

what happened through customs? did you have to pay extra tax on top of the final price?
No customs charges or taxes, they are sent tax paid. Never had any extras added at checkout either.

I used SLR Hut and was made aware they phone back to check address and then try to persuade you to add filters etc.
I asked them not to carry on the sales speel and they stopped.
The item I ordered was the 24mm TSe L for £1250.
This price went up a few hours later on their website and I phoned them to check, they said it wouldn't go to the new price as I had bought at the advertised cost.
It arrived 3 days later with a customs check she and sales invoice for the advertised cost as said.
All in all they kept me informed with emails and tracking number and didn't waffle sales when asked to stop kept to the price and very quick delivery.
In their t&c's they state the price you see is that, no vat or customs to pay they state they sort that out, from the paper work I received I have to say that is true.
For me I would certainly use them again.

Just looking at their updated T&Cs discovered this gem

Note: VAT is not withheld, excluded or included in the price of an item you purchase no matter if you are purchasing for personal use or business use

You what now ? How can VAT both be not included and not excluded ? :confused: Also as they claim items are sent tax paid surely VAT must be included ?

So I emailed them to ask (as if its really all tax paid i'd be happy to use them) and they emailed back saying " for further clarification please call us on..."

Umm , no - i've emailed back saying in essence

If you want my business you can commit yourselves in writing ( I also asked for clarrification ref restocking fees which they say they have but the CCR says aint legal for returns within 14 days)

Back