Small camera with built in time lapse

Edit My Images
No
I would like a compact that I can pop on a small tripod or gorillapod and shoot time-lapse while I shoot still images, possibly at night. Needs to be light, I don't want to get involved in mirrorless but it must be good for stills and walkabout photos.
I keep looking at the panasonic TZ? units, but any other suggestions?
I don't want to set up a second dslr on account of the weight. Needs to be a compact and no more than £300, preferably less. I'd buy used.

GoPro clone. 7dayshop had them for about £25 each (including waterproof housing.) Distort a fair bit but are very compact and light.

GoPro clone. 7dayshop had them for about £25 each (including waterproof housing.) Distort a fair bit but are very compact and light.
That's exactly what I'd have said.

I wouldn't have one as my only camera on holiday but would be happy to have it as a snapshot option on a walk.

My little old Canon Power shot SD1100 IS does time lapse films

Thanks for the replies, I could use my phone or a Hong Kong go pro but I'd prefer a more creative camera

Just saw a CANON PowerShot SD1100 IS on fleabay for £40 (and it has a viewfinder!!)

Last edited:
I bought a used Sony RX100III here, and that has apps you can download, one being for Timelapse (£7.99). It was installed on the camera I bought, but I wanted to add the update, so not being the person who originally downloaded the app, I had to pay for it and install again. :rolleyes:

There is also an Angle Shift app (£3.99), that can be combined with the Timelapse which can give some very nice effects. I particularly like the tilt shift/toy town effect. :) I put it on as I am recording but you can also put it on after the fact. The Timelapse app is limited to 990 frames, but that is the only downside to it.

thanks everyone, i recently took the plunge on the Canon Powesrhot G5X, a little bit over my original budget but it has a built in star trail and interval set up, nice fast lens, bulb, first impressions are it's a great little camera.

thanks everyone, i recently took the plunge on the Canon Powesrhot G5X, a little bit over my original budget but it has a built in star trail and interval set up, nice fast lens, bulb, first impressions are it's a great little camera.
Thanks for getting back with the conclusion. :)

Hopefully it will do everything you want it to. :)

well i've had it a week or so and it's a great little camera, i may even ditch one of my DSLR bodies.

Back