Small crocodile, managed to get close.

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent an hour or so in my free time after lunch at Johannesburg Zoo today. Not much there really and was a tad disappointed if I am really honest - but managed a few nice ones of the small crocs.

Not the best of focusing - but OK I guess.

JohannesburgZoo-9-Edit.jpg

very nice but must admit at first glance thought it was looking towards the left...

Thanks all... and there was me thinking this wasn't such a good pic. Am well chuffed now especially after some comments here - ta!!

Oh, and embarrassingly... could I ask one of the kindly staff to correct the abysmal speeeeeelllling in the title of my thread please...?:embarrassed:

I really like that one. It's tight yes but I'd probably go for an even tighter crop with the eye around the top left 1/3rds somewhere.

If I spent a day out and got a shot like that, I'd call it a good trip. :)

OK, am happy to have a go at this, but with advice please. Which section should I crop...?

I like it like this although really liked the original as well as it made you study the pic.
JohannesburgZoo-9-Edit.jpg

You need to play with some different crops untill you feel the balance is right.

If it was me I'd crop the top edge to the top of the diamond shape above his eye. The left edge I'd probably take to the part where the line that comes in from the bottom left corner reaches the part where it blacks out and turns into an oval shape.

That puts his eye near the 1/3rds lines but just far enough off it to upset the traditionalists. ;)

I like it and as far as web viewing goes, it makes his eye bigger which brings out some more of the fabulous detail. (y)

Thanks Daz.

Well... from one that I thought wasn't such a good shot - to one of my favs now :)

Cheers all, you've made my night.(y)

very nice..looks like mine witha frame..;)..cracking image mate.

to one of my favs now

Should be too, it's a real class image. The light is just perfect to make the most of the skin texture and the detail in the eye.

Betcha feel guilty now about turning your back on the camera that helped you to get it. ;)

Should be too, it's a real class image. The light is just perfect to make the most of the skin texture and the detail in the eye.
Thanks Daz, your comments are very much appreciated, honestly - especially since I have only been getting into this DSLR malarkey for about a month.

Betcha feel guilty now about turning your back on the camera that helped you to get it. ;)
Now that comment really did make me laugh out aloud!!! Glad I am on my own in this hotel room :clap:

Nice one - I like it a lot - great texture there. Just goes to show, cool images aren't always the obvious ones.

Great image that - kind of abstract. (just read about this shot in your domain name thread and had to come and see for myself - have to say I agree with dazzajl :) )

Thank you Ewan... I know I have already said this, but I am stunned... totally stunned on the feedback on this image. Thank you all so very very much - maybe there's a chance of a photographer in themusicman after all!

Thank you Ewan... I know I have already said this, but I am stunned... totally stunned on the feedback on this image. Thank you all so very very much - maybe there's a chance of a photographer in themusicman after all!

You'll need to get a change of username to ThePhotoMan :D

maybe there's a chance of a photographer in themusicman after all!

Photography and music are vertually the same things, in terms of the blend of talents/traits you need to release from yourself to make good art.

Back