Small flash arm / magic arm type... thing for macro.

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
Hi all - I'm trying to find a small magic arm for a macro set up, something like this:

untitled20150318_0008.jpg

the closest kind of arm I can find is this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008MTY...olid=2Q9EXNKS31MN9&coliid=I7V2YAXAX62Z0&psc=1

I don't know if anyone has any experience with that arm at all, but I'm going to have a Godox tt350f on it, which isn't a huge flash by any means, but definitely larger than that pictured. Do you think it would take the weight? Also, with this type of arm, do the end fixtures also tighten when the main arm is tightened?

Thanks for any advice any of you may have :)

Also, with this type of arm, do the end fixtures also tighten when the main arm is tightened?

yes.

they can get a bit loose over time, and aren't designed for big loads really, they're pretty alright though. sure a flash will be fine.

I use one to support an SB800. My macro lens (Sigma 150) has a tripod collar and I mount it there for hand holding... it allows the light/composition to be rotated. It's not perfect in that it sometimes unscrews at the ends, but it works well.
DSCF2496.jpg

Last edited:
I use one to support an SB800. My macro lens (Sigma 150) has a tripod collar and I mount it there for hand holding... it allows the light/composition to be rotated. It's not perfect in that it sometimes unscrews at the ends, but it works well.
View attachment 109494

Looks good, pretty much the same style set up as I'm looking for :)

Back