Small heath and a Brown argus

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
Spent another couple of hours out in the glorious sunshine here, This time a different place.
This 1st photo is a new one for me this year, A small but very hairy butterfly, really very nice.
Small heath.JPG
This is the Brown argus, another small butterfly, this one is from the blue family of butterflies, when the wings are closed they all look very similar with the patterning.
Another brown argus.JPG
Thanks for looking, these and others can been seen on my flickr page.

Very nice Graham. Interesting aspect ratio, pleasing compositions, backgrounds that set off the subjects well and of course some good detail on these handsome creatures. Very appealing to my eye.
Thanks Nick, I like to give my subjects a little space and also to see what they are sitting /standing on.
I was lucky enough to get down low at their level so the bg is the grassy fields. Thanks again for your kind comments.

Last edited:
Gorgeous, Graham. Are these straight out of the camera, though? On my screen they could almost do with a tad sharpening? It may just be me, though.
Hi Dunc, no, I use light room 4.4, they both have a little sharpening.
Don't think I ever post shots straight out of camera..
Thanks for your comment.

Last edited:
That is 2 lovely images. Like you, I like to see them in their surroundings, well done.

I actually really, really love this slightly different take on composition as it gives the little fellow some personality (some how...?) by showing what he's up to. :)

I actually really, really love this slightly different take on composition as it gives the little fellow some personality (some how...?) by showing what he's up to. :)
Cheers mrthingyx,
you can't beat any sort of nature however beautiful or ugly it might be.

I really like the images you have clean and uncluttered, and has been said before great colours.

I really like the images you have clean and uncluttered, and has been said before great colours.
Cheers AL65,
It's not as easy as it looks getting that low and you never know what you might put your hand or knees in ;)

Really nice Graham especially the small heath they are tricky as they perch very close to the ground

Very nice weather you have there care to share some with us poor UK folk? :D

Very nice shots mate can't wait for the season to properly kick off.

Really nice Graham especially the small heath they are tricky as they perch very close to the ground
yeah dont I know it, Grrrrr thanks for the comment (y)

Very nice weather you have there care to share some with us poor UK folk? :D

Very nice shots mate can't wait for the season to properly kick off.
Cheers Bryn, got a fair amount here now but its nothing like its going to be in June when its really crazy.
And no I won`t share this lovely sunshine, go get your own. hahahahaha :cool::p

Please send some sunshine here. Hope we dont have another summer thats a washout like last year :( Dont mind the rain long as its followed by lots and lots of sun, Great shots btw graham (y)

Please send some sunshine here. Hope we dont have another summer thats a washout like last year :( Dont mind the rain long as its followed by lots and lots of sun, Great shots btw graham (y)
Nooooo go find your own. :D:cool:

When I asked for Sun, I meant the big yellow warm thing in the sky. Its been snowing this morning. I kid you not. No bug shots this weekend <again> by the looks of it. :(

Two terrific shots Graham.

Snow on the ground here too this morning and a maximum of 6 degrees forecast. Looks like I'm going to miss out on photographing Brimstones this year.

When I asked for Sun, I meant the big yellow warm thing in the sky. Its been snowing this morning. I kid you not. No bug shots this weekend <again> by the looks of it. :(
I'm sorry to hear that, it's snow joke this white stuff lol was 22 here with full sun :D and today about the same.
Two terrific shots Graham.

Snow on the ground here too this morning and a maximum of 6 degrees forecast. Looks like I'm going to miss out on photographing Brimstones this year.
Don't worry, you'll get your chance soon with the brimstones and others.
Thanks for the comment.

Back