Smaller Camera advice..

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Hi Guys,

Currently got a Nikon D3100 will a few lenses, find it a bit of a pest carrying everything around on holidays and stuff so was wondering what kind of camera i should be looking at..

So far i have picked out the Olympus PEN E-PL3 but really not sure?

Anyone got any other ideas for me?

Help appreciated as always.

If you want something really compact but takes quality pictures i would look at the Sony rx100. This will actually fit in your pocket unlike the Olympus which means you can leave your camera bag at home. The slightly smaller sensor still probably out performs the Olympus.

Last edited:
If you want something really compact but takes quality pictures i would look at the Sony rx100. This will actually fit in your pocket unlike the Olympus which means you can leave your camera bag at home. The slightly smaller sensor still probably out performs the Olympus.

Cheers will take a look.

:)

Im selling a Panasonic GX1 and there are some other compact system cameras in the for sale section too - lot lighter and smaller than a SLR.

I had a Panasonic GF3 + 14mm pancake lens before. It's pocketable, it was pocketable in my jacket and chinos. It has decent quality shots and better than a typical P&S. I have decided though that I'd prefer to just use my camera phone or my DSLR, nothing in between.

I now use a Olympus PL3 with 14mm and 40mm to 150mm for travels and leave the bigger bodys and lens for other times.

I now use a Olympus PL3 with 14mm and 40mm to 150mm for travels and leave the bigger bodys and lens for other times.

How do you find it?

Really liking the look of it online!

You posted any pics on here taken from it?

Hi David

I find the EPL 3 a pleasure to use as it's small and light as well as being very discreet enough to slip in and out a coat pocket. It produces images large enough to post online for face book and flickr. If you could tell me how to post from this Mac then I will post a image or 2?

Simon

the RX100 does look good on paper and has some rave reviews - I would wait a month or so for the price to drop though.

I have a micro four thirds and woudlnt consider it pocketable with anythnig other than a pancake, but then theres tghe quesiton of lenses.. for Holiday pics (dependant ont he type of holiday) the rx100 looks good, also panasonic lx7?

Back