Smallwood Vintage Rally 27,28 & 29 May 2023. FC (&D)Meetup.

177 miles each way , I'm out :(

I'd like to give it a try for the 1st time however I can only do the Monday. A doable 75 miles each way for me.

Last edited:
I will hopefully be there on Monday 29th. May have to spend some time in the craft tent as my wife and daughter will be running a stall on all 3 days. Will be outside the beer tent by the main arena at 1030.

One day I'll make it to Smallwood, it always looks like a great day out, have fun folks, look forward to seeing the results.

I'd fall asleep on my motorbike doing 160 miles for 2hrs 35mm via M40. For me I'm finding 80 miles (one way) on A and B roads makes it interesting and keeps you awake, although the other day I was sitting on the bike on the pavement (at a tee junction ) to check which way to go and I sorta fell asleep and the bike fell over as I couldn't hold 200 kilos. Lucky it was in the rush hour in this village and about 3 motorists helped me pick the bike up....one guy said "how is your leg,?" well it would have been interesting to see a dash cam as I had no injury. (y)

On my way. I do have a talkphotography logo attached to my camera bag.

Outside the beer tent just opened. Not seen anyone yet.

Heading home as not seen anyone. Had a great Staffordshire cheese and bacon oatcake from the stall next to the craft tent.

Back