Smart Flash 2 Triggers

Name
Kev
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

A few years ago I purchased a SmartFlash 2 400Ws Lighting Kit.

I have since also got a godox flash v860 and godox x pro n trigger.

What option do I have to be able to use my godox trigger with the smart flash 2, so that I can also use my godox flash in addition to the smart flash.

Thank you

You just need to buy the later usb receivers to plug into your Smartflash, xtr16 to replace your xt16.

The hardest bit is finding the dipswitch combo for the channel (not that hard, you’ll find the guide online).

Morning Phil,

Can I just check it is one of these I need for each smart flash?

Thank you

You can also use the V860 to fire the smartflash as it looks like they have a slave option according to the diagram in the manual....
Thank you, prefer the trigger/receiver option.

Afternoon,

I have now received two of the xtr-16 and can trigger the smart flash with the X pro N when I take a picture, but am unable to control the output whilst the x pro N is on or off the camera, or trigger the smart flash with the X pro N off camera hot shoe.

Am I doing something wrong or is this how it is supposed to work.

Cannot find any information on using these with the X pro N, but may be I am not looking for the correct information.

Thank you

They should work for controlling output etc.
however, there’s some trick to knowing both the channel and group and how that translates.

I did find it on the internet when I needed it though. So it couldn’t have been too difficult to search

Back