Smart Telescopes for a Astro Newbie.

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
After seeing the thread about the Dwarf II smart telescope the other day, i spent some time looking at Youtube reviews on the Dwarf II / Seestar S50 / Vaonis Vespera II
The Seestar looks decent but for a bit more money the Vaonis Vespera II looks to have superior image quality.
Currently i am not looking to spend hours post processing images etc, so happy to keep the stacked procecssed image that it produces.

Anyone use either the Vaonis Vespera / Vaonis Vespera II models at all ? or recommend another model of smart telescope

I’ve been looking at the Vaonis Vespera II as well, it interests me greatly ;)

Yes, just trying to justify it as its £1400 v the £500 of the S50.
Vespera mk1 is about £1200. so no real saving in real terms if you are going to spend that amount of money an extra £200 for the better rig makes sense.

Just like buying cameras, upping the budget brings better options to you

It's like Simon says above, you pay more you get better gear (in theory anyway). I was thinking about the Vaonis Vespera II myself but they are currently out of stock with the next batch coming in the July timeframe. They do expect you to pay now though if you want to go on the waiting list! There are some good YouTube comparison reviews out there.

It also depends on what you want to achieve. For sheer portability and rapid setup, the Dwarfe is the stand-out leader.
For quality of output then that depends. They are all good for bright Deep Sky Objects, and the Moon. They are both a waste of time for planets that's a whole different ballgame to get good images. The Dwarfe can also do panoramas which can be useful for things like Milky Way shots. For faint DSO then I am not sure yet will have to do more testing.

Even with astro kit costing £10,000 or more, some post-processing is always done to get the best results.
NASA do it on the James Webb images:)

thanks Nod, I am considering it but the mk2 model has the bigger sensor which obviously costs more gives better IQ from the reviews I have seen

Back