Smartflash and speedlites with Yongnuo triggers

Name
Jules
Edit My Images
No
Hi

I have speedlites and use a Yongnuo 622 TX on the camera to set power and Yongnuo 622's on the speedlites for triggering.
This has been great for everything I have done up till now.
I am now looking at a setup which requires a stripbox and it seems that speedlites don't really work well with them so I'm thinking of getting a Smartflash and having this in the stripbox and using the speedlites for everything else.
The speedlites can be controlled and adjusted by the Yongnuo as before and the Smartflash set as a slave. The only thing I would then have to do would be to manually set the power of the Smartflash which would be ok.
However, can I use the Wavesync Commander to control the Smartflash power remotely and still use the Yongnuo's to trigger the flash?
I have seen that you can use the Wavesync Commander if you are using a Yongnuo 622 on your camera by plugging it into the 622's hotshoe on top, but not with the 622 TX which has the LCD screen and therefore no hotshoe other than the one underneath that attaches it to the camera.
Hope this makes sense.

Thanks
Jules

Short answer, yes.
Long answer, use the 622's on everything, plug the Wavesync receiver into the SmartFlash (as well as the 622) and use the Wavesync Transmitter, hand-held, to make adjustments.
BTW, our strip softboxes will be back in stock next week - if you're going to get one, get a good one:)

Back