Smiley Darters and Dragon Eye at 5x

Edit My Images
Yes
After getting the MPE-65 one of my main objectives was to get a dragonflys eye at 5x life size. I used to find them very easy to approah with the Tamron 90mm that i have, but the MPE was a different story. After many weeks of trying i finally managed it with a common darter.
The first three are all focus stacked from either 2 or 3 shots and combined in combinezm

darter1potn.jpg

DarterStackpotn.jpg

ruddydarterstackpotn.jpg

x5
Dragonseyspotn.jpg

Stunning set of pics, absolutely stunning. That last one is spectacular, love it (y)

They are very good. (y)

last one's got an inbuilt optical illusion, black/dark bit seems to grow in size when you stare at it . Nice shots :)

Stunning set of pics, absolutely stunning. That last one is spectacular, love it (y)

:agree: Really really stunning shots, just keep staring back at them! :eek:

Brilliant, he could have shaved knowing he,s having his photo taken.... :LOL::LOL::LOL:(y)

Hi all..thanks for viewing and commenting its much appreciated.

Here is a link to a tutorial on focus stacking. It runs through a step by step guide on how to use the software and explains it way better than i could.

www.digitalgrin.com/showthread.php?t=61316

Scraggs, I used a 430EX speedlite with a homemade diffuser on an off shoe cord. I tend to hold the flash at the front of the lens as it gives me more flexibility than a flash bracket.

Like #3!

I've used focus stacking in the past. Seems to work well sometimes and get it wrong others. certainly looks good here.

Back