Smoking!

Name
Dougie
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a bit of fun this one, I know the rhs branch could be removed, If I knew how to! It was that cold as the Robin was singing, his chilled breath looked like he was smoking!

IMG_0193_edited-1red.jpg

Very good Chris!
As I only had my first DSLR this Christmas, and Elements 9 only a couple of weeks ago, it is a steep learning curve!

How strange is that, I've never seen that on a bird before. You did well to spot this and capture it. I like the composition but agree the edit does improve it without the branch. It could also do with some selective sharpening, apart from that its a smashing picture, nice one (y)

I just did a quick edit, if you want it taken off please let me know, its no problem.

5404839494_7fd0d0b3a5_b.jpg

Last edited:
Perfect timing Chris (y) I have seen this before but never been in the position to capture it. Would agree with Trev that a little more of a sharpen will improve it even further.

Thats another good one Dougie, its the first time I've seen this. Again a little sharpening would help, I hope you dont mind but I have done some for you as an example. Again, just say and I'll remove it if you want. Its only a quick edit to show the difference.

5405065542_ec024ea9ee_b.jpg

And I really do apologise for this, I just couldnt help myself :wacky:, it just happened :shake:

5405065406_5ca380a28d_b.jpg

Let me know if you want them removed (y)

Great timing, like them both but prefer 2 with the beak open a bit more (y)

Thats another good one Dougie, its the first time I've seen this. Again a little sharpening would help, I hope you dont mind but I have done some for you as an example. Again, just say and I'll remove it if you want. Its only a quick edit to show the difference.

5405065542_ec024ea9ee_b.jpg

And I really do apologise for this, I just couldnt help myself :wacky:, it just happened :shake:

5405065406_5ca380a28d_b.jpg

Let me know if you want them removed (y)

Oi!!! :nono::nono: Somebody is having a bad influence on you Trev :cautious:

That's a great capture. I used to lie in wait for a robin who used to frequent my balcony at my old place. Every day he would be there, including the weekend so I could get some shots. Not even in the cold icy weather did I capture his breath though. Cracking!

Back