SnapCat?

Ian D J

Michael Fish
Name
Ian D J
Edit My Images
Yes
Seems my 18 months old puss, Jet, wants to be a cat-alogue photographer.

Settings were 1/160th sec, f16 and iso100 using my D7000 with the kit lens. Lighting was provided by two remote controlled flashguns on either side of the main subject and the rest was down to lots of patience! After a fair few failed shots, finally my boy got himself in the right kind of position to get the shot I had to mind.

Jet20Photo.jpg~original

Last edited:
That is a fabulous shot Ian, well thought out and planned it certainly has worked well, cracking stuff.

That's nice Ian, I like that shot very much.(y)

George.

Aww, glad you all like it. I am going to give it another go but using a flatter surface and an old skool fake box concertina type camera, especially as my Jet seems to like posing for the camera (keeps him amused what with being an indoors only puss).

Cool shot, my cat would never do that! Might be worth using a different tripod as the gorilla pod doesn't really go with the old camera though?

That one cracked me up Ian. Good idea for a stock image/card as already stated. Like the tad of colour left in on the eye too.

Cool shot, my cat would never do that! Might be worth using a different tripod as the gorilla pod doesn't really go with the old camera though?

My Jet is quite a compliant model, especially after feeding time. But, yes, you're correct about the tripod, it does look a bit out of place so I have an alternative item that would suit it better for when I give it another go.

That one cracked me up Ian. Good idea for a stock image/card as already stated. Like the tad of colour left in on the eye too.

Awww, and I did wonder when someone was going to spot that small bit of colour pop!

Back