Sneakers

Edit My Images
No
Something a little different... As I've mentioned, I collect sneakers and I always photograph them for my site but most of the time they're just basic shots. However, every now and then I get creative and something comes out quite nice as a photo in it's own right, especially when the shoe has some nice details to pick up on. So I thought I'd post a random collection of shots I liked here.

Apologies for the fact that many of these have distracting details in the corners and edges. When they were originally taken it was for illustrative purposes rather than artistic ones.

CRW_7069-01.jpg

CRW_6675-01.jpg

IMG_5087.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

IMG_2735.jpg

IMG_2708.jpg

IMG_2151.jpg

CRW_1199_RJ.jpg

CRW_0657_RJ.jpg

Pretty good.:) Nice colours.

Do you ever wear these Jamey? Do you have a monthly/weekly Sneaker budget? :D

I wear all of them, yeah. Don't see the point in just keeping them boxed. Although I do store them in the boxes just because it's easier and stops them getting dusty. As for the budget, I try not to think about it. I'm making the most of it now, while I'm not living with my girlfriend. We're planning to move in together at some point and I'm sure I'll have to quieten it down a bit once that happens.

Always liked yer sneakers photos (and yay for the ZXs - best buy by me for ages).
Haven't you a photo of all of them laid out?

They're nice examples of macro photography, but as 'photos', they don't do a great deal for me. I've got enough shoes in my hallway courtesy of 'her indoors'. Landscapes are more my 'bag'.

I have looked at these a couple of time now and each time I am impressed.

They offer great detail, colours and patterns but your photography of them is excellent.

I can't say I would hand a picture of any of them on the wall but I can appreciate them for what they are.

CRW_6675-01.jpg

This one especially stood out for me from the ones you have posted above. Excellent composition and photography :thumb:

GfK said:
They're nice examples of macro photography, but as 'photos', they don't do a great deal for me. I've got enough shoes in my hallway courtesy of 'her indoors'. Landscapes are more my 'bag'.

They would work much better if they were in 'smellyvision'

Steve said:
I have looked at these a couple of time now and each time I am impressed.

They offer great detail, colours and patterns but your photography of them is excellent.

I can't say I would hand (sic) a picture of any of them on the wall but I can appreciate them for what they are.

CRW_6675-01.jpg

This one especially stood out for me from the ones you have posted above. Excellent composition and photography :thumb:

can't say I would hand a picture of any of them on the wall but I can appreciate them for what they are.
That's generally the question I ask myself when I'm looking at my own photos; "would I want that to be hanging on my wall"?

In my house I have only three photos I've ever taken on the wall, and the missus chose them.

Joe T said:
Those are quite fun. :)

Yep, really fresh and different. Very "commercial" feel to them, nice work :)

I like the last Puma shot.

How about photographing the bottom of the trainers. If you zoom right in, it might look like some alien landscape. :)

milou said:
Always liked yer sneakers photos (and yay for the ZXs - best buy by me for ages).
Haven't you a photo of all of them laid out?

Glad you're enjoying the ZXs. They're a great shoe. Here are the most recent photos of my whole collection. But they were done a few months back so I've got more now :)

And Steve and everyone else, thanks for the feedback. As I mentioned, I never intended them for anything other than reference so I'm pleased that I was able to make any impression at all really.

jamey_crate_02.jpg

jamey_crate_01.jpg

So many shoes. You should change your name to 'Toez' :p

I know a kid near me that used to have a collection like that, except his were all the same style and in boxes. In fact, he's in a box right now :).

Seriously though, the first thing that grabbed me about those shots is the excellent clarity, sharpness and colour. Nice.

ok excuse me for asking but why do you collect sneakers? i started collecting scale models of F1 cars till the mrs found out how much they were, so i can understanding wanting to collect stuff, but why trainers??

very interesting shots though, potential is definately there!

Being a kid in the eighties (born 1978) when the big sneaker boom happened (remember the news stories about kids getting stabbed for their shoes?) and being into hip-hop are the main two reasons. But it seems to be something that's becoming much more mainstream these days. When limited stuff is released you sometimes get hundreds of people queueing up for it. Admittedly I'm talking about London but even so.

ahhhh ic, you is down with the kidz.....i had a pair of rebook pumps. *cough*

got some silver nikes now too..

no!

MaxAir 90!

:eek:ff topic:

I think there is definately potential in the abstract of the first set of shots! Those trainers have some nice colors/patterns/textures that I'm sure could be exploited.

no Gandhi, you ron topic, me and fingerz have wandered slightly!

SilverAirmax 90 jamey

Back