Snetterton Tamdown Stages

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
This was the first rally at Snetterton since 2003, but we had to wait even longer than advertised for the start. The fog was so thick that the 9:00am start was delayed until 11:15am, when a decision was taken to start the event despite there being no obvious improvement in conditions. Not great conditions for photography, but here are a few images anyway:

snetterton-1098.jpg

snetterton-1128.jpg

snetterton-1230.jpg

snetterton-1319.jpg

snetterton-1352.jpg

snetterton-1354.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Paul

Hi Paul,Im no expert but i think 1,2,3 are well taken and sharp considering the conditions,Love the panning in No4 again very sharp with speed,But sorry No's 5 & 6 not for me.

Hi Paul

That was one of the oddest days rallying I've been on in quite a while.

As you say there was a long delay getting going (apparently MSA steward was not happy, don't know what changed his mind) and then it was foggy all day until just after sunset when the fog magiclly dissapeared allowing the cars to run lights into the dark .

I left at 5 o/clock but looking at the results they ran all 8 stages in the end. Top 3 cars were very close together.

I had taken 2 bodies, 3 lenses and a flash, and inteneded to give all of them a good workout, alas most of the kit stayed in the bag :(

David

Hi paul and welcome to TP. Nice set of shots my fav is No1 and NO4 shows very good panning.

Hi Paul,Im no expert but i think 1,2,3 are well taken and sharp considering the conditions,Love the panning in No4 again very sharp with speed,But sorry No's 5 & 6 not for me.

Thanks for the comments. Nos. 5&6 are the result of panning as a car passes by within a few yards of where you are standing. Both were shot with a 17-40mm lens at 17mm. Not everyone's cup of tea I know, but I was trying to get something other than headlamps appearing out of the fog.

That M3 is stunning. Looked like a tough day for photography.

The M3 looked and sounded amazing, but unfortunately retired after the 5th stage.

Hi Paul

That was one of the oddest days rallying I've been on in quite a while.

As you say there was a long delay getting going (apparently MSA steward was not happy, don't know what changed his mind) and then it was foggy all day until just after sunset when the fog magiclly dissapeared allowing the cars to run lights into the dark .

I left at 5 o/clock but looking at the results they ran all 8 stages in the end. Top 3 cars were very close together.

I had taken 2 bodies, 3 lenses and a flash, and inteneded to give all of them a good workout, alas most of the kit stayed in the bag :(

David

I can only assume that by 11:15am they had reached a point where they either had to start the event or cancel it altogether.

It would have been even tighter at the top if the Subaru WRC had not retired. He set fastest time in three of the first four stages before retiring after the fifth.

Hi paul and welcome to TP. Nice set of shots my fav is No1 and NO4 shows very good panning.

Thanks for the kind words.

Paul

Hi Paul

Cars were indeed very close to the pit wall, I was surprised we were allowed to stand there.

Hope you don't mind but this was my favourite shot from Sunday :D

IMG_2601_800_wide.JPG

David

That takes me back. We did an historic rally at Snetterton some 20 years ago in a '65 Cooper S. It was just about as foggy then too! My main memory was trying to eat a tyre wall :eek:

The 'light mist' look in the first couple actually looks good to me, but then I'm no expert :LOL: It's such a shame that there are people in the way. It must be a nightmare to capture a shot when everyone else is trying to do the same thing!

The 'light mist' look in the first couple actually looks good to me, but then I'm no expert :LOL: It's such a shame that there are people in the way. It must be a nightmare to capture a shot when everyone else is trying to do the same thing!

I wonder if my head is in Pauls picture?

IMG_2553_800_wide.JPG

David

Wow guys! That is amazing! Small world, isn't it?

Ahem.... David's doesn't have heads in the way :LOL:

Back